Max Bird

RamNut

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

He’s starting to see the big picture and yesterday he was knitting it all together.

Outstanding .

He is young, he will have dips in form. Being in a relegation battle sometimes calls for an older head that hasn't necessarily got the same qualities but it better in these situations.

Same with Sibley, they are still learning the game.

6 hours ago, BIllyD said:

He is young, he will have dips in form. Being in a relegation battle sometimes calls for an older head that hasn't necessarily got the same qualities but it better in these situations.

Same with Sibley, they are still learning the game.

Two tough sides locking horns on Tuesday. No quarter will be given. We need to score first or get two. Simples.

Our class of 2019 contained some very good young players.

Derby County: French, J. Brown, Buchanan, Bird, Minkley (C), Cashin, Whittaker, Sibley, Wilson, Knight, A. Brown

5 have made full first team debuts. more may yet follow. 
 max is doing very well. He 2 years younger than hector-Ingram. Same age as Connor Dixon. 

• wassall jan 1998
  • shonibare may 1998
  • Hector-Ingram nov 1998
  • bateman dec 1998
  • yates may 1999
  • Mitchell Lawson sept 1999
  • cresswell sept 1999
  • bird sept 2000
  • dixon sept 2000
  • minkley Oct 2000
  • whittaker jan 2001
  • knight feb 2001
  • buchanan March 2001
  • watson June 2001
  • j brown June 2001
  • duncan June 2001
  • Sibley sept 2001
  • stretton sept 2001
  • macdonald October 2001
  • cybulski jan 2002
  • a brown may 2002
  • wilson June 2002
  • ebosele aug 2002
  • solomon nov 2002

It would appear he is either being ‘de cocued’ Or he is becoming more confident. Evidence that he starting to look forward with more of his passes and ball carrying. (And he’s using both feet)

i know some people who worked with him when he was at school and they say he’s a really good lad/bloke. 

And if Wayne Rooney says you’re a good player - then you’re a good player. 

We’re lucky to have him and I hope he continues to grow with us for ages. 

I love him, but love even more that we all have an 'Academy Graduate of the Month' competition throughout the season.

Sibley, Knight, Bird, Buchanan all considered first team - I hope the loans don't have a destabilising effect now we're showing some form! 

58 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

It would appear he is either being ‘de cocued’ Or he is becoming more confident. Evidence that he starting to look forward with more of his passes and ball carrying. (And he’s using both feet)

i know some people who worked with him when he was at school and they say he’s a really good lad/bloke. 

And if Wayne Rooney says you’re a good player - then you’re a good player. 

We’re lucky to have him and I hope he continues to grow with us for ages. 

I think it is a confidence thing. Taking risks, making those forward passes. When he first had a run of games last season he did plenty of driving forward with the ball aswell, not sure if like others he just became Rooney reliant.

As a midfielder, what better praise to be rated by Rooney, Cocu and Lampard. Same could be said for Knight.

You could argue he has actually had the perfect managers to learn from, the technical nous of Cocu and now the drive and attacking instinct of Rooney. If you modelled your play on both of those you wouldn't go too far wrong.

Archived