Black Pudding

Day

Black Pudding  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 30/12/2020 at 21:32, ramit said:

i want to try this dish, oh and the Swedish blood pancakes too.

One of my favorite foods is Blóðmör, basically black pudding made from sheep blood and fat, rye and other meal plus salt, all stuffed into sheep intestine which is then sewed shut and ready for boiling.  Also very good pan fried after boiling and cooling, or just cold, or soured.  You can buy them pre-boiled, but homemade are by far the best.  Suspect it's similar with the black pudding.

blóðmör.jpg

The Swedish blood pancakes are a huge disapointment mate. Well, at least they are to a Derbyshire lad like myself. 

Black pud is a dish of paupers and its seems Kings these days. Regularly pops up on chefs programmes alongside scalops and the likes. 

Once this pandemic is over, get yourselves over to the Bowling Green in Ashbourne who do a whopper starter portion in a black pepper sauce. Its just divine. 

Last time I was there was to watch our opening game of the season a few years back v Huddersfield. Ended up scoffing the black pud with a bucket of chips. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

The Swedish blood pancakes are a huge disapointment mate. Well, at least they are to a Derbyshire lad like myself. 

Black pud is a dish of paupers and its seems Kings these days. Regularly pops up on chefs programmes alongside scalops and the likes. 

Once this pandemic is over, get yourselves over to the Bowling Green in Ashbourne who do a whopper starter portion in a black pepper sauce. Its just divine. 

Last time I was there was to watch our opening game of the season a few years back v Huddersfield. Ended up scoffing the black pud with a bucket of chips. 

Thanks for the useful tip, mate.  That's a lovely looking little restaurant, i have committed it to memory.

Archived