Black Pudding

David

Black Pudding  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Best part of traveling around the UK having black pudding with brekkie. Here’s some blood tacos I had in a flash restaurant here.3F0F9388-1E51-4F0F-887A-3B5FE226AFC1.thumb.png.a494ef347d4798c490c245bacf058d7f.png

I don’t say this lightly, but that is the worst plate of food I have ever seen in my 38 years on this planet. 

I would rather eat a bowl of Boycie’s toenail clippings than even sit in the same room as someone eating those.

I'm a confirmed carnivore but somehow have never fancied trying black pudding.

I love sausages / pork pie / burgers / haslet etc but always buy them from the local butcher, where I can see them being made in the back and what goes in them etc. I have a couple of friends who swear by Richmond sausages but I wouldn't give that awful pink slime to my dog (if I had one).

16 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t say this lightly, but that is the worst plate of food I have ever seen in my 38 years on this planet. 

I would rather eat a bowl of Boycie’s toenail clippings than even sit in the same room as someone eating those.

That’s a dish from the winners of MasterChef! Mate I’d rather that every meal than someone put 1 baked bean in front of me.

It's so good. At Crich butchers they do "George Stafford's Black Pudding". Now I don't know who George Stafford is, but I know he'd be on this year's New Year's honours list if his black pudding had made it's way to Buckingham Palace.

2 hours ago, Beetroot said:

It's so good. At Crich butchers they do "George Stafford's Black Pudding". Now I don't know who George Stafford is, but I know he'd be on this year's New Year's honours list if his black pudding had made it's way to Buckingham Palace.

George Stafford was a top-class butcher and had his shop in Stanley Common. He won many awards for his black pudding and sausages, including the gold medal at the Normandy International Competition several years ago.

I think George died quite a few years ago and the butchers shop is no longer there.

On 02/01/2021 at 20:48, 86 Hair Islands said:

Served with scallops and either pea puree or colcannon, or even both. Delicious.

Possibly the finest starter known to man.

Black Pudding and Scallops, on a bed of leaves with a poachie! Heaven on a plate.

12 minutes ago, Rev said:

Black Pudding and Scallops, on a bed of leaves with a poachie! Heaven on a plate.

Black pud and scallops combo is one of my favourites. Will try with a poachie now as I'm intrigued! Actually sounds like it'd work really well.

16 hours ago, Rev said:

I love Black Pudding - the good stuff from the butchers - not the ersatz supermarket crap

Once in a restaurant in Yorkshire I had -

5 pints real ale 

Starter - large Black pudding and apple stack up thing

Main - Pork Belly and seasonal veg, onion gravy

Pudding - A hot sponge pudding thing with loads of dried fruit

In terms of flatulence I almost achieved unaided flight walking back to the hotel.

Mrs WHR not amused - almost had to spend the night sleeping in the car.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I love Black Pudding - the good stuff from the butchers - not the ersatz supermarket crap

Once in a restaurant in Yorkshire I had -

5 pints real ale 

Starter - large Black pudding and apple stack up thing

Main - Pork Belly and seasonal veg, onion gravy

Pudding - A hot sponge pudding thing with loads of dried fruit

In terms of flatulence I almost achieved unaided flight walking back to the hotel.

Mrs WHR not amused - almost had to spend the night sleeping in the car.

My local butchers do a Black and Blue sausage - Pork, Black Pudding and Blue Monkey beer.

Never tried the stuff but was a family favourite in the day. The thought of congealed pigs blood and chunks of fat never appealed to myself.Apparently Bury market is the place to go for authentic black pudding. Always looks good sliced and fried, although my family eat them boiled served whole.

On 31/12/2020 at 11:26, David said:

Each to their own

Archived