Well done to the academy

Sean

On 30/12/2020 at 13:00, Srg said:

Jason Knight is an odd one in that respect. I love the kid, he’s the most consistent, he’s versatile, he’s so hard working, the stamina he has is insane. However, you do get the sense that he maybe a low high floor/low ceiling player and his potential isn’t quite as high as some of the other youngsters we have. 

Obviously, this might be way off - and of course I hope it is - it’s just a sense I get. 

I'm the other way. I think he is the one who is most likely. What he has is what distinguishes the top guys from the rest: extreme levels of desire and competitive intensity.

I really think he is another Roy Keane.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Knight is an odd one in that respect. I love the kid, he’s the most consistent, he’s versatile, he’s so hard working, the stamina he has is insane. However, you do get the sense that he maybe a low high floor/low ceiling player and his potential isn’t quite as high as some of the other youngsters we have. 

Obviously, this might be way off - and of course I hope it is - it’s just a sense I get. 

I thought the same about Jordan Henderson once.

Let's hope he has a similar career.

Or - and this is my hope - he’ll be a Geraint Williams type player who just keeps stepping up. No matter what level you play him at, he’s good enough. Never outstandingly above the level he’s at, but able to keep improving no matter what level he’s at. 

On 30/12/2020 at 12:53, Derbados said:

Can’t wait to sell Jason Knight to Burnley for £2 million in the summer ?

Sean Dyche does seem to like Derby players, having had Hendrick and Vydra off us. Even wanted to buy Keogh and Bryson in a joint deal afew years ago.

13 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

So would I. Fantastic player

it’s spelt “cajones” by the way

I was referring to bojjocks.

Archived