Some old photographs

rynny

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant pictures @rynny.

@David Any chance of you getting your "Computer Coding for Dummies" book out(?) and adding a "Derby County History" Section/Forum so that us old uns can talk about the good old days whilst drinking a half pint of Bass and sucking on our pipes whilst you young 'uns play on your Gamestations? ? 

25 minutes ago, hales300k said:

Great pictures Rynny , would "Shirebrook attack" mean the name of opposition player , or a pre season game against Shirebrook ? 

I believe it could be against Shirebrook the team, but I'll ask. 

On 03/12/2020 at 10:21, hales300k said:

Great pictures Rynny , would "Shirebrook attack" mean the name of opposition player , or a pre season game against Shirebrook ? 

It was the Derbyshire Senior Cup final against Shirebrook. 

Born in 1950 it's great to have a glimpse of the stylish world into which I was entering.

The canteen photo reminds me of Banksy's early career.

He caught the same bus as the supporters on match day.

Pre match meal was Pie and chips.

He said it was a wonder they could move, much less play!

Even in the early seventies you often met the players walking near the BBG.

18 minutes ago, Monty said:

extreme left third row from front Jack Bowers and manager middle second row from front Stuart McMillan?

image.png.2af9be64c9356c49b567dee1e6986543.png

Bloke at the front looks like he’s got terrible heartburn. Needs a Rennie.

Seriously though, look at the smiles. They realise how lucky they are.

19 minutes ago, Monty said:

extreme left third row from front Jack Bowers and manager middle second row from front Stuart McMillan?

image.png.2af9be64c9356c49b567dee1e6986543.png

Looks like Jack stamps to the right of the manager and Billy steel next to him. Johnny Morris to the left of the manager. Bert Mozley  to the right of rynny’s grandfather. 
chic Musson to the left of the other keeper. Tommy Powell second left, second row. 
Front row extreme right Jack barker. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Looks like Jack stamps to the right of the manager and Billy steel next to him. Johnny Morris to the left of the manager. Bert Mozley  to the right of rynny’s grandfather. 
chic Musson to the left of the other keeper. Tommy Powell second left, second row. 
Front row extreme right Jack barker. 

Leuty and Musson right in the middle of the photo.  Best mates who both passed away at 35 from the same illness within a few months.  Very strange twist of fate 

Archived