Football Manager 2021

Rubix001

Anyone got it yet? Beta went live yesterday.

I put a couple of hours in last night, managing Derby obviously. Have to admit I'm finding Mel's generous £0 transfer and £0 wage budgets quite challenging. Bergkamp is available as a free agent coach though so that was a plus.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything it's even more interaction based this year. Tonnes of team talks, meetings, new press conferences, quick chats with players. Might get boring after a few seasons but that's what you've got an assistant manager for.

I personally love that side of the game, trying to impress video game characters is my jam.

1 hour ago, Rubix001 said:

Mel's generous £0 transfer and £0 wage budgets quite challenging.

From what I've heard, a majority of clubs don't have a budget for the first transfer window.

I've started a save with Derby too, to get a feel for the game. Will probably go for a Conference North team when I've got used to FM21.

I already have more points in 3 games than Derby have in real life...

14 minutes ago, David said:

All the player and media interaction gets repetitive and doesn’t add anything to the game.

It's more detailed this year and looks to be quite entertaining, you can now throw water bottles during half time team talks lol

If it gets boring you can always send your "ass man" to all your press conferences, which is what I normally do, but I feel like I might do more media interaction this year as the revamp of it all looks pretty fun.

1 hour ago, David said:

Have they brought back the classic mode option this year?

All the player and media interaction gets repetitive and doesn’t add anything to the game.

There is the FM Touch version that comes with the game that is much more stripped back, interactions aren’t on it and you don’t have to worry about your staff beyond having an assistant, a coach, a scout and a DOF. I gave it a try but didn’t like that I could see all player attributes without having to scout them. Think you can unlock this but you have to complete achievements first

Think you have to buy the full version on PC or Mac to get the Touch version with it, or when the full game comes out it’s £20 on iPad, but is the exact same game as the Touch version on a laptop

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I remember the one year, think it was the 2016 version, the Derby chairman offered me a £500m transfer budget in my second season, when I clicked accept, “April Fool” popped up on the screen! 

Bamfords! 

I remember that , I even took a photo of it to show my mates . Bamfords 

Nowt like the good old days, had football manager of some description on the acorn electron. 

After trying to play it properly and getting nowhere I would take over some 4th division team,  break into the program and fill my bank with millions. 

Fun times 

Update:

After 11 games I'm sitting pretty 1 point clear at the top of the table. Why is Phil finding this so hard in real life?

We're playing a 4-3-3 Gegenpress occasionally rotating to a 4-2-3-1. It's high intensity, Rooney is knackered but rotation is key. Bielik just back from injury and bossing it at CB alongside Matt Clarke. We're scoring loads but we were conceding a few too until Bielik came back. It's like watching Derby under McClaren all over again.

I have the same players as the real life team, however I got Balogun in on loan from Arsenal with no wage contribution thanks to a new affiliate partnership and managed to convince Daniel Sturridge to come in on a free. He's on a 2 year contract on £21k a week.

Top scorers: Balogun and CKR both on 3.

To quote Jay from the Inbetweeners on the subject of Football Manager, "that kind of stuff doesn't go unnoticed"

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

How did you manage that? I literally had no budget in either transfer fees or wages!

A couple of loans out seemed to bring in a little, getting a senior affiliate gave a bit more than 100k and it somehow allowed me to go over the wage budget. He also agreed to sign with no sign on bonus or agent bonus. This was the day after the window closed and I guess he was desperate. We’re losing money hand over fist though!

Still hasn’t scored yet and is now on the bench behind CKR so it might not be the smartest decision... knew I should’ve gone for Wilshere who only wanted 8k a week.

Further update: 

Finished 3rd on 90pts after a tricky second half of the season, the AI seemed to know what to do against my tactics so I had to switch up a bit to a 4-1-2-1-2. Forest finished a couple of points behind in 4th.

Got through to Playoff final vs Forest (obviously), thrashed them 4-0. We're promoted, boys! Mel has given me 38m to spend over the summer and a wage budget of ~580k pw.

I don't know why I'm sharing this here, I was just quite excited last night.

UTR!

Archived