The FA chairman is a moron

ramsbottom

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Interesting view point, this is a topic close to my heart, being impacted by it. Although I'm new to the forum, I notice you tend to be active in these types of topics, not being judgemental in any way, however would like to understand what you meant by this ?

I meant saying that Klopp would have been sacked as Liverpool manager if he was black was a completely moronic comment.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I meant saying that Klopp would have been sacked as Liverpool manager if he was black was a completely moronic comment.

Yeah, nonsense. He wouldn’t have got the job if he was black. Wouldn’t have got the BD job either! 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yeah, nonsense. He wouldn’t have got the job if he was black. Wouldn’t have got the BD job either! 

Yeah I mean its clear Liverpool are a racist club, just cant wait to see when Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah and Origi all find out...

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry I'm failing to see the moronic comment. He said had he been a black manager he would have been sacked based on Klopps earlier results. He also said had he been English, he would have also been sacked based on earlier results. He also referenced white English managers not getting top jobs within the top 6.

Any reason why you focused only on the comments about the black managers ?

8 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Sorry I'm failing to see the moronic comment. He said had he been a black manager he would have been sacked based on Klopps earlier results. He also said had he been English, he would have also been sacked based on earlier results. He also referenced white English managers not getting top jobs within the top 6.

Any reason why you focused only on the comments about the black managers ?

So you think him suggesting that he didnt get sacked, because he is white, rather than the fact that he took Liverpool to a European final isnt moronic and said just to create controversy? Fair enough. I disagree.

Had it been the other way round and a white person saying that about a black person there would be a huge uproar.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you think him suggesting that he didnt get sacked, because he is white, rather than the fact that he took Liverpool to a European final isnt moronic and said just to create controversy? Fair enough. I disagree.

Had it been the other way round and a white person saying that about a black person there would be a huge uproar.

But he didn't just reference  black managers,, he was implying quite rightly so based up liverpool being 25 points behind the champions that season, that Klopp had been given extra time because he was a foreign manager. Maybe worth reading all his comments first, I doubt it will change your mind based upon your past posts, however at least you can tailor make your argument around the facts.

Being an ethnic minority it does surprise me  the line comes out so often, "had it been the other way around". Never understand that, it's a weak argument to justify an opinion, argue against what Barnes said by all means, call it moronic if you truly believe it not to be true, I have no doubt you nothing would ever change your mind, but he also said FL wouldn't have got the Chelsea job in normal circumstances, yet you don't seem to mention that.

9 hours ago, BIllyD said:

But he didn't just reference  black managers,, he was implying quite rightly so based up liverpool being 25 points behind the champions that season, that Klopp had been given extra time because he was a foreign manager. Maybe worth reading all his comments first, I doubt it will change your mind based upon your past posts, however at least you can tailor make your argument around the facts.

Being an ethnic minority it does surprise me  the line comes out so often, "had it been the other way around". Never understand that, it's a weak argument to justify an opinion, argue against what Barnes said by all means, call it moronic if you truly believe it not to be true, I have no doubt you nothing would ever change your mind, but he also said FL wouldn't have got the Chelsea job in normal circumstances, yet you don't seem to mention that.

Like I said, I referenced what I had read reported on the BBC.

Whatever else he said is irrelevant. 

I stand by what I said that it is a moronic comment, especially given that Liverpool went on to win a Champions League final and Premier League.

I also don't remember many Liverpool fans calling for his head.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Like I said, I referenced what I had read reported on the BBC.

Whatever else he said is irrelevant. 

I stand by what I said that it is a moronic comment, especially given that Liverpool went on to win a Champions League final and Premier League.

I also don't remember many Liverpool fans calling for his head.

No surprise you don't want to take into context anything else he said and brush it off as being irrelevant. You continue to focus on the headlines and highlight the continued prejudice that ethnic people face in their every day lives.

I seem to remember you saying you attended a rally, interesting headline comment that.

For the record I do think Barnes opinion was wrong, moronic no, improving race relations ? Not sure what that means to be honest, I'm guessing you are implying that you see that divide as growing, once again I'm not sure why you are putting people into "pots", we are all the same aren't we ?

11 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

No surprise you don't want to take into context anything else he said and brush it off as being irrelevant. You continue to focus on the headlines and highlight the continued prejudice that ethnic people face in their every day lives.

I seem to remember you saying you attended a rally, interesting headline comment that.

For the record I do think Barnes opinion was wrong, moronic no, improving race relations ? Not sure what that means to be honest, I'm guessing you are implying that you see that divide as growing, once again I'm not sure why you are putting people into "pots", we are all the same aren't we ?

Well I was posting on a thread about football and racial comments, so no its not really a surprise that I chose a comment made to stoke racial tension.

You seem to remember wrong, I have never attended a rally in my life.

Re race relations I see a divide that will re-open if people keep on trying to create a racism issue where it doesnt exist. I think we are all the same which is why I think it was wrong for Barnes to suggest Klopp is still in his job based on his colour rather than his managerial ability.

On 13/11/2020 at 17:57, RamNut said:

I’ve never understood what’s offensive about saying coloured instead of black.

Because of the history behind "coloured." 

The phrase "coloured" was used to during the Jim Crow laws time period in America and was used as a racial slur. 

Also, it implies that one race is the norm and that other races are simply "coloured" in.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I was posting on a thread about football and racial comments, so no its not really a surprise that I chose a comment made to stoke racial tension.

You seem to remember wrong, I have never attended a rally in my life.

Re race relations I see a divide that will re-open if people keep on trying to create a racism issue where it doesnt exist. I think we are all the same which is why I think it was wrong for Barnes to suggest Klopp is still in his job based on his colour rather than his managerial ability.

On 12/11/2020 at 18:56, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry was just at a KKK rally

Another G Star on here ?

And no Barnes did not suggest Klopp kept his job because he was white, we have already established that anything else he said in that interview is "irrelevant" according to you, but for the record he said if Klopp had been black or an English manager he would have been sacked. Big difference not that I would expect you to see that.

I'll leave it there, I don't want to be known as someone who bangs the racism drum, it's a football forum and should remain as that, I'll leave you to continue to do that, your replies say more than John Barnes could in a 1000 interviews :-)

38 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I think it means thst pointing out racism will anger racists. If racists are placated, race relations won't get worse. It's a sort of threat. Know your place or else.

28 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Another G Star on here ?

And no Barnes did not suggest Klopp kept his job because he was white, we have already established that anything else he said in that interview is "irrelevant" according to you, but for the record he said if Klopp had been black or an English manager he would have been sacked. Big difference not that I would expect you to see that.

I'll leave it there, I don't want to be known as someone who bangs the racism drum, it's a football forum and should remain as that, I'll leave you to continue to do that, your replies say more than John Barnes could in a 1000 interviews ?

Not accused you of banging the racism drum, and even if you wanted to that is your right to do so.

So, are you saying Barnes was not trying to put a racism slant on his thoughts.

Who is he accusing of racism? Liverpool? The Premier League?

I normally try to steer clear of these types of arguments, but to my mind the issue here is why Barnes felt the need to bring race into the discussion at all?

If a white English manager had a similar prior reputation to Klopp and was making a difference at Liverpool (as Klopp clearly was), he'd have been give time - the same applies to a black manager. Liverpool wanted success - the race of the person who brought them success seems to be completely irrelevant. They chose a guy with a great reputation in Germany and they stuck with him until they achieved the success they wanted - that should be applauded, but for some reason Barnes lobs the race card into the argument and makes himself look like a muppet.

We won't improve race relations in this country while people are looking for ways to blame racism in situations where there's absolutely no evidence of it playing a part.....

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not accused you of banging the racism drum, and even if you wanted to that is your right to do so.

So, are you saying Barnes was not trying to put a racism slant on his thoughts.

Who is he accusing of racism? Liverpool? The Premier League?

I'm saying that Barnes was highlighting the prejudice against Black and white English (although for some reason you refuse to acknowledge his comments on the latter) compared to a foreign manager when in one of the top jobs within football.

I'm never quite sure why it has to fall back into accusing someone of being racist, what he was doing is highlighting that is his opinion Klopp was afforded extra time based upon being a foreign manager, he never said this was the correct or wrong outcome, he didn't say he should have been sacked, only you have made that assumption.

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I normally try to steer clear of these types of arguments, but to my mind the issue here is why Barnes felt the need to bring race into the discussion at all?

If a white English manager had a similar prior reputation to Klopp and was making a difference at Liverpool (as Klopp clearly was), he'd have been give time - the same applies to a black manager. Liverpool wanted success - the race of the person who brought them success seems to be completely irrelevant. They chose a guy with a great reputation in Germany and they stuck with him until they achieved the success they wanted - that should be applauded, but for some reason Barnes lobs the race card into the argument and makes himself look like a muppet.

We won't improve race relations in this country while people are looking for ways to blame racism in situations where there's absolutely no evidence of it playing a part.....

You mean like Roy Hodgson was ?

Archived