Johnny Russell

DarkFruitsRam7

14 hours ago, Crewton said:

Fair enough, but it just seemed a bit harsh considering he was a regular starter in his time with us and when you think how ineffective some of our signings after he left were - Blackman, Camara, Anya etc - he was another great value signing by Nigel Clough. He was also pretty popular with the fans too I think.

He was a good signing, popular with fans and I liked him a lot because he gave everything , compared to Blackman and Camara he was a great value signing yes agree

21 hours ago, LazloW said:

Can anybody who listened to the podcast illuminate the reasons why it didn’t end well for him here? I can’t remember anything in particular standing out (was he not getting in the team?).  Mind like a sieve nowadays, particularly about former players from more than a year ago. I always liked Johnny though. 

After listening to the Undr The Cosh podcasts (or at least a large number of them) you understand that club's don't think twice about treating players like absolute s***. It's cut throat. 

I guess we were no different in that period - I know at one point we had a fairly substantial 's*** list' at one point which was eluded to by Scott Malone. 

23 hours ago, LazloW said:

Can anybody who listened to the podcast illuminate the reasons why it didn’t end well for him here? I can’t remember anything in particular standing out (was he not getting in the team?).  Mind like a sieve nowadays, particularly about former players from more than a year ago. I always liked Johnny though. 

He didn’t go into detail, nor did he want to.  He said there were things going on behind the scenes and he felt let down and betrayed by some people.  Also said that none of those people are at the club any more.