Next Gen Consoles

r4derby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2020 at 20:29, Chester40 said:

PS5 is impossible to get hold of... Anyone know a way? 

Amazon will have some new stock available from 12 noon GMT on Thursday 19th November - I'm guessing it will be fastest finger first.  Good luck!

7 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Ordered xbox series X, now to get an LG CX tv ?

If anyone struggling to get either xbox or playstation, sign up to stockinformer.co.uk - that's how i found out ebuyer had xbox in stock at 2am in the morning ?

I bought a new TV about a month ago. It’s a 4K LED LG, so ticks most of the boxes but I didn’t go for the nano cell as the guy in Curry’s said that it was nearly identical to the one I got. Turns out the nano cell LG is the cheapest TV that can use all of the next gens capabilities! Not sure mine can, but should still be good enough!

looking forward to the Series X?

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

I bought a new TV about a month ago. It’s a 4K LED LG, so ticks most of the boxes but I didn’t go for the nano cell as the guy in Curry’s said that it was nearly identical to the one I got. Turns out the nano cell LG is the cheapest TV that can use all of the next gens capabilities! Not sure mine can, but should still be good enough!

looking forward to the Series X?

Hope your TV suits your needs mate ?  & aye, I am, coming in december which is a long wait though

Hopefully in around 24 hrs I'll be booting up my PS5 for the first time and gawping at the beauty of Demon's Souls ?

Naturally though a couple of weeks after feeling happy that  I'd bought a nice shiny new TV, followed all the recommendations on various websites and done what felt like some good research,  a ton of scaremongery, exaggerated stories & articles start popping up about unfixable VRR gamma issues on the TV and multiple problems with the console units, just to drag my mood down and give me massive feelings of anxiety....

best advice, don't go down the rabbit hole of looking for faults in things that you'd probably never have noticed yourself anyway

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Hopefully in around 24 hrs I'll be booting up my PS5 for the first time and gawping at the beauty of Demon's Souls ?

Same. Amazon still saying delivering tomorrow, but hasn’t updated to dispatched or taken money. Did get a text a few days ago saying it was coming tomorrow though. Still got the fingers crossed. 

22 hours ago, Srg said:

Same. Amazon still saying delivering tomorrow, but hasn’t updated to dispatched or taken money. Did get a text a few days ago saying it was coming tomorrow though. Still got the fingers crossed. 

I've had a message from DPD saying they're going to inform me of my delivery slot by 11am. I'm preparing myself for a long day of waiting!

It must be manic trying trying to get this amount of consoles delivered in one day tbf, although at least I'm not a GAME customer, they've used Yodel and are now emailing people to say they can't keep up with the delivery schedule, someone of their customers will be waiting until tomorrow.

Just now, Coconut said:

DPD will 

I've had a message from DPD saying they're going to inform me of my delivery slot by 11am. I'm preparing myself for a long day of waiting!

It must be manic trying trying to get this amount of consoles delivered in one day tbf, although at least I'm not a GAME customer, they've used Yodel and are now emailing people to say they can't keep up with the delivery schedule, someone of their customers will be waiting until tomorrow.

Mine has updated to dispatched and still says coming today. Just hasn’t moved to out for delivery. Not overly concerned yet because it’s only in Leicester but if it’s still just as dispatched in a few hours time I’ll start to get worried.

That said... at least it’ll be here soon, even if it annoyingly isn’t today. Haven’t got to fight over about 12 consoles online today. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

That said... at least it’ll be here soon, even if it annoyingly isn’t today. Haven’t got to fight over about 12 consoles online today. 

Got my delivery slot from Amazon, so just waiting patiently now ?

My sister did ring me last night and asked about a PS5 for her lad - tried Curry's website and was 124k in the queue just to access it, eventually got in at about 8:55am, refreshed at 9am and immediately got put back in another queue.  I'll try Amazon at midday but guessing I'll have the same impossible chance!

Just now, maxjam said:

Got my delivery slot from Amazon, so just waiting patiently now ?

My sister did ring me last night and asked about a PS5 for her lad - tried Curry's website and was 124k in the queue just to access it, eventually got in at about 8:55am, refreshed at 9am and immediately got put back in another queue.  I'll try Amazon at midday but guessing I'll have the same impossible chance!

Yeah, it’s been a nightmare. Believe curry’s have pushed back their drop because the website is so overloaded. Follow @ignukdeals on Twitter, they’ve been great at alerts for stock.  

Mine has literally just updated. Between 12:15 and 16:15. Not bad. 

26 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Don't think there's much point playing these new next generation consoles without a decent 4k tv? 

Loading times drastically quicker, and the games will still look a lot better even if the TV isn't taking full advantage, they'll run quicker (higher fps) and with the PS5 at least you've got a nice little bonus of having some impressive new controller tech

I didn't get any further tracking info from  DPD, but 5 minutes ago...

126181066_10224849665129956_294050633158

25 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Loading times drastically quicker, and the games will still look a lot better even if the TV isn't taking full advantage, they'll run quicker (higher fps) and with the PS5 at least you've got a nice little bonus of having some impressive new controller tech

Cool, which retailer was throwing in the free cat with their deal?

Mine's coming between 2pm and 3pm.  Then I start the data transfer and google how to unlock the additional internal storage port ?

Nearly pulled the trigger to upgrade my xbox one x to a series x , but then saw that there are no planned Xbox series X only games  until 2022 so upgraded my PC instead (New CPU / Grx Card )   which cost me more but I do like modding games and this is always a better experience on PC.

And I decided that Cyber Punk 2077 would probably play better on PC than Console (I much prefer Mouse / Keyboard to gamepad)

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Nice, think I'll have to ask Santa if he could sort one out

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Cool, which retailer was throwing in the free cat with their deal?

Mine's coming between 2pm and 3pm.  Then I start the data transfer and google how to unlock the additional internal storage port ?

No compatible SSDs are out with the internal port yet so I wouldn’t bother. 

7 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Nice, think I'll have to ask Santa if he could sort one out

You either need a 4K tv, they’re so cheap now it’s daft not to, or a gaming monitor (but ps5 doesn’t currently support 1440p). 

Archived