Billy Davies Sweepstake - Sacked 12th June

GboroRam

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it, Nigel could probably kick Billy's head clean off, live on TV, and he'd get away with it, simply because everyone would take pleasure in seeing the whinging troll getting a good kicking. Probably the Forest lot included.

Back OT, hopefully Billy will resign in the immediate aftermath of this season's PP defeat, and better still, he'll do it Japanese style, literally falling on his sword, preferably in the centre circle so that we can all make sure the fooker does it right.

I'm going for the low-hanging fruit here (actually that would be BD's plums - Nigel, stamp on them next time). 1 February 2011 will be the day - or whenever the January window closes (hopefully on Tyrone Mears' fingers). BD will have a major strop that Nigel Doughboy would not finance his purchase of [insert player here] from Motherwell or Preston - the final stellar piece in BD's stellar puzzle.

Who ever got November maybe interested in this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1327520/Billy-Davies-warned-day-week-Nottingham-Forest.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is on collision course with club owner Nigel Doughty amid allegations that the Scot has been spending just three days of his working week at the City Ground.

Forest’s chief is being called to account over his absences for large chunks of his time at home as tensions at the east Midlands club begin to grow.

Doughty’s attention has been drawn to Davies’s routine when there is no midweek fixtures in the Championship. The Scot has been returning home to Glasgow and not re-appearaning until the following Thursday.

Forest’s multi-millionaire owner has reprimanded his manager over the phone and reminded him that his current behaviour must cease.

A source said: 'We have asked questions about the amount of time the manager is spending at the club.'

However, the Scot has shown little sign of remorse.

He was on the front foot over the club’s transfer panel following the 1-1 draw at Watford, but Doughty has shown no indication yet that he intends to disband the selection board.

I remember someone posting on 606 about that, they worked at Glasgow airport and he said he flies home straight after the match and returns back to Nottingham on Thursdays.

What they paying him for - they won't let him chose or buy players and he only spends three days with the team. Does he get a part time wage? I would think not.

I remember someone posting on 606 about that, they worked at Glasgow airport and he said he flies home straight after the match and returns back to Nottingham on Thursdays.

What they paying him for - they won't let him chose or buy players and he only spends three days with the team. Does he get a part time wage? I would think not.

You don't think he's trying to engineer a pay off do you? noooooooooo?

Forest boss Davies on collision course with club's board over lack of signings

BILLY Davies has put himself on a collision course with the Nottingham Forest hierarchy again after launching a fresh broadside over the failure to make signings in the last two transfer windows.

The Reds boss insisted his job has been put on the line 'through other people's decisions' in the transfer market.

And he warned that Forest do not currently possess a squad capable of claiming a top-six finish in the Championship.

The latest outburst will further antagonise the City Ground hierarchy, who already have growing concerns about the amount of time Davies spends away from the City Ground and are growing impatient with his repeated claims about financial restraints.

A senior Forest official told the Post: "We have asked questions about the amount of time the manager is spending at the club."

Davies returned from his home in Scotland to take training on Thursday morning, ahead of Saturday's 1-1 draw at Watford – a result that increased his frustration at what he perceives to be a lack of backing in the transfer market.

"The facts are simple," said Davies. "I compare our situation to Liverpool.

"Stellar signings are required to take us into the top six.

"That has not happened at Liverpool and it has not happened here.

"Managers always carry the can for other people's decisions. We all know that.

"The Liverpool manager will know that. He will hope he gets support from the new people that come in.

"This is not a low point for me. I am not frustrated. I am passionate, that is the difference. I want to win, I want to be able to put plans in place that will make us a success.

"That is why I am talking about the lack of expansion. That is why I am saying this now. This is not a top-six side. It isn't. Forest are doing what I expected us to do at the minute, because we have a very small squad.

"When you have financial constraints, it is not always easy. You do not want to be filling jerseys for the sake of it, particularly when you are under pressure, as a manager, because of decisions that have been made.

"You can see the ripple effect from the failure to add to the squad in the last two windows."

Davies is not a fan of loan signings following the arrival – and subsequent January departure – of Nicky Shorey last season, which left Forest with a critical void at left back.

The club source confirmed that a deal was in place to take former favourite Andy Reid on loan from Sunderland a few weeks ago.

But Davies continues to favour permanent additions.

"There are a number of issues why you do not bring in loan signings," said Davies.

"Number one – there are financial constraints; number two – they have to be exceptional; three – they have to be available; four – they have to be fit; five – they have to want to come here for the right reasons; and six – they have to come here as part of a long-term plan.

"We missed an excellent opportunity in the summer, with regards to permanent signings.

"We will keep getting the best out of this young team. They are giving us the best they have got and they are a joy to work with.

"When you put yourself in my shoes, you will see what I am talking about. We are a side that progressed from fighting relegation to finishing third in the league and we have not expanded. That is the bottom line."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Forest-boss-Davies-collision-course-club-s-board/article-2846875-detail/article.html

Archived