Sports Documentaries

ramsbottom

Some may have been mentioned as parts of other threads, but does anybody want to recommend any quality sporting docs for folks to watch??

For starters - 

Hoop Dreams - Unbelievably moving film about two high school kids' attempts to be drafted to to the NBA

The Last Dance - 10 part Netflix doc about the great Chicago Bulls team of the 90s, and the GOAT Michael Jordan

Last Chance U - Follows junior college gridiron players, in their attempts to play in the NFL, or at the very least secure a good education

Bobby Robson: More than a Manager - The life & times of one of football's last true gentlemen

Sunderland Til I Die - This has been chatted about on here before, but it is excellent, and a reminder that a lot as Rams fans could be a lot worse

Gascoigne - The legend of Gazza laid bare.  Very enlightening tales

When We Were Kings - The story of The Rumble in the Jungle.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carnero said:

30 for 30 documentary called Survive and Advance - superb & inspiring and I'm not even a basketball fan.

All of those 30 x 30 documentaries on BT are great.. Particularly likes the Believeland one about Cleveland sport. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Some may have been mentioned as parts of other threads, but does anybody want to recommend any quality sporting docs for folks to watch??

For starters - 

Hoop Dreams - Unbelievably moving film about two high school kids' attempts to be drafted to to the NBA

The Last Dance - 10 part Netflix doc about the great Chicago Bulls team of the 90s, and the GOAT Michael Jordan

Last Chance U - Follows junior college gridiron players, in their attempts to play in the NFL, or at the very least secure a good education

Bobby Robson: More than a Manager - The life & times of one of football's last true gentlemen

Sunderland Til I Die - This has been chatted about on here before, but it is excellent, and a reminder that a lot as Rams fans could be a lot worse

Gascoigne - The legend of Gazza laid bare.  Very enlightening tales

When We Were Kings - The story of The Rumble in the Jungle.

The F1 documentary one on Netflix is great. Follows the mid pack teams throughout the season, Haas etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if they are still available but the official F1 films are great. I have the ones 1970 to 1980 inclusive. Each is about an hour long and it's interesting to watch how it developed over time. Seeing blokes in t-shirts pouring fuel into cars was quite surreal.

Archived