Antisocial neighbours - anyone else suffered?

Mostyn6

The rule seems to be the further away from your neighbours you are the better you will get on. I think it is unreasonable to expect people to be reasonable.

Whatever nonsense my neighbours get up to I try to keep smiling and I keep on good terms with them. I've had neighbours who have taken thousands off the value of my property with their silly extensions and I've had neighbours who have tried to grab part of my garden, but I never fell out with them. Anger and worry can destroy your physical and mental health. I view these bad neighbours just like I would a wolf or a rat who acts according to its nature. They can't help themselves. If they have been selfish or mad people all their lives nothing you do will change them.

If you need a peace and quiet buy somewhere in the countryside even if it is a one room hovel. I've lived in the countryside and for me nothing can beat living somewhere where the only noise you hear at night is owls hooting.

36 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

The rule seems to be the further away from your neighbours you are the better you will get on. I think it is unreasonable to expect people to be reasonable.

Whatever nonsense my neighbours get up to I try to keep smiling and I keep on good terms with them. I've had neighbours who have taken thousands off the value of my property with their silly extensions and I've had neighbours who have tried to grab part of my garden, but I never fell out with them. Anger and worry can destroy your physical and mental health. I view these bad neighbours just like I would a wolf or a rat who acts according to its nature. They can't help themselves. If they have been selfish or mad people all their lives nothing you do will change them.

If you need a peace and quiet buy somewhere in the countryside even if it is a one room hovel. I've lived in the countryside and for me nothing can beat living somewhere where the only noise you hear at night is owls hooting.

Each to they’re own ,, would give me the right heebee geebees that 

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My dad used to shoot magpies from his back door with a twelve bore. 

Strangely he never got trouble from his neighbours! 

If my neighbour was in the habit of popping a twelve bore from his back door, I don't think that I would say anything either. Luckily, he builds radio-controlled model aeroplanes (and doesn't subsequently shoot them down).

• 8 months later...