Morgan Whittaker

Bubbles

18 hours ago, angieram said:

He got off the bus at Huddersfield with the other players so presumably he didn't quite make the cut. Would have done a better job than Holmes as sub tonight, at least he can pass the ball.

I was disappointed when Holmes came on because I rarely see him contribute much apart from giving the ball away and the only Tim’s I can be positive about him is when he attacks 20 yards from goal but he never plays in the right ball ( Rooney waiting for a simple ball ) and his shooting is fairly poor, whilst he simply can’t tackle which doesn’t help in central midfield.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Whittaker has been one of most positive players this season when on the ball. Admittedly he hasn’t had a lot of competition for that accolade, but was surprised to see him dropped last night out of the squad altogether. He’s still a little bit like a rabbit caught in headlights at times, but this season he’s looked stronger, more composed and more confident then I’ve ever seen him before. With Ibe still not ready would have liked to seen more of him in the three behind the striker. 

It’s all about his belief at this level. I’ve seen a difference in him recently, the penny has dropped with him that he belongs at this level. He has been far more positive and aggressive in his play. For me he should be given even more opportunities, I think this can be his breakthrough season, and if not this season then next. I think he is a serious talent.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

We ended up playing 442 with two right footers on the left. 
The squad lacks balance 

1F1DDE46-C851-4FCD-A6BD-63F1FA80C93B.thumb.jpeg.1d57660b1bdc042a47c64d45083786d1.jpeg

I think Buchanan began to tire towards the end of the game, making him the easiest defender to drop when bringing Kiazim-Richards on.

We tend to have an even balance in most games with 5/6 left footers in there - Clarke, Buchanan, Bird, Sibley, Waghorn. Occasionally, one of those misses out for Fozzy, Shinnie or Whittaker.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived