RIP, Ennio Morricone.

mozza

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I cannot brain. How do I embed a youtube link?

I go on You Tube, select video, click on link in the address bar(goes blue),click 'copy' then click 'paste' on here, easy peasy..

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I cannot brain. How do I embed a youtube link?

Seems to be working for me, mate?

*I'm kidding... I did what Mozza said, just did it in your quote box, rather than in my replay box!  ?

Ok I have to admit I can’t find what I actually watched on YouTube. This BBC2 doc touches on it, about the relationship of Morricone and Leone:

But whatever I watched had more to it, because it basically said the budgets for Italian westerns were low and they couldn’t afford to score a film like the big orchestras in American films. So they had limitations which worked perfectly for the landscape and used the isolation of sound (and effects such like reverb)!to create the feeling of a Wild West that was away from civilisation. Morricone’s score for Fistful Of Dollars was the first to really create that world.

That doc is good by the way, but be prepared that the last 10 minutes may just be an advert for The Mission

20 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ok I have to admit I can’t find what I actually watched on YouTube. This BBC2 doc touches on it, about the relationship of Morricone and Leone:

But whatever I watched had more to it, because it basically said the budgets for Italian westerns were low and they couldn’t afford to score a film like the big orchestras in American films. So they had limitations which worked perfectly for the landscape and used the isolation of sound (and effects such like reverb)!to create the feeling of a Wild West that was away from civilisation. Morricone’s score for Fistful Of Dollars was the first to really create that world.

That doc is good by the way, but be prepared that the last 10 minutes may just be an advert for The Mission

On BBC news this morning, they showed a photo of Ennio and Sergio in their school photo, what a team they became.. 

13 hours ago, mozza said:

On BBC news this morning, they showed a photo of Ennio and Sergio in their school photo, what a team they became.. 

Yeah there’s a bit in that doc about them going to school together. Amazing really, other directors tried to have a similar relationship to what those two had but couldn’t replicate it. Morricone could write the scores without even watching the scenes beforehand 

Archived