What are we missing most about Derby County

Curtains

The beautiful roadworks. 

all those lovely cones, the unfinished tarmac, and the solitary chemical toilet standing like a beacon of hope amidst a sea of confusion....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting off the train at Derby Station after the two hour journey from Bristol. 

Walking up the steps to take my seat wondering whether the beautifully positioned seat I purchased online is available only because of the rather large man with poor personal hygiene in the adjacent seat. 

The polite applause from my friends in the East Stand as we score. 

Jogging through the crowd outside of the stadium to allow enough time to purchase a coffee and food for the train back. 

Ahhh... 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

The beautiful roadworks. 

all those lovely cones, the unfinished tarmac, and the solitary chemical toilet standing like a beacon of hope amidst a sea of confusion....

Just realised... I assume most/many on here haven't seen the new footbridge yet?

Oh... you're not missing much... and it's not open yet (still building the ramps/steps etc... but it's in place now, at least.  Hopefully those roadworks will all be done and gone by the start of 24/25 season!  

On 08/07/2020 at 08:49, RamNut said:

The beautiful roadworks. 

Actually,  I promise never to complain about night closures on the M1 ever again when they let us back into away fixtures (which I fear is a very long way away.)

On 08/07/2020 at 16:32, Mucker1884 said:

Just realised... I assume most/many on here haven't seen the new footbridge yet?

Oh... you're not missing much... and it's not open yet (still building the ramps/steps etc... but it's in place now, at least.  Hopefully those roadworks will all be done and gone by the start of 24/25 season!  

It's not done yet, give it a chance!! It's going to feature Rams legends on it when its finished!

2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

It's not done yet, give it a chance!! 

Eh?
Give it a chance for what?  I don't even use it!
I stated it wasn't done yet.  Was meant merely to update those from further afield, that the bridge is now in place, and beginning to look splendid, seeing as someone mentioned the roadworks earlier.
Your comment above is somewhat confusing!
If it was was aimed at my mention of "season 24/25", then yes, that was of course intended purely as a joke, aimed at all the not too insignificant delays that this whole project has been subject to since its conception.  Apologies if that wasn't clear.
Afterall, the original plan was to have it all completed by now, slip roads and approach roads included... all cones gone... in time for the 20/21 season Kick Off.  We're clearly a long way off that, albeit maybe not as far off as my (obviously poor) joke inferred!

2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

... It's going to feature Rams legends on it when its finished!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes, you can vote for which legends you want to be included. 

Brilliant!
I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the posts, both.

What a great idea!???

Need to get my thinking cap on now, to choose my own legends!  

Archived