What are we missing most about Derby County

Curtains

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh no I won't give in

Keep on living in the past!"

(Flute break)

I can still reminisce about the great players and games of the '70s glory years.

Like the music I can still enjoy and/or relive on Youtube this is irrespective of whether or not it is happening 'live' in the often overrated present day.

Perhaps this is an unsought bonus of reaching 69 and three quarters.

It may seem like it to some, but this is not the end of the world, nor is it more important than staying safe and alert.

21 hours ago, jono said:

It’s waking on Saturday morning. As you roll over, think about a shower, eggs, bacon, and whatever, then that bit of an extra internal smile cos there’s a game on. Match day ?. And posting, bickering and bantering on here about football instead of politics and O level virology 

Am I the only one who read the first line incorrectly?!

In relation to the question, not really missed football at all. Miss the day out with the lads more than the actual event.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In relation to the question, not really missed football at all. Miss the day out with the lads more than the actual event.

You don’t actually miss the football . 

I miss Derby County everyday whether it be reading about the next match or last match etc . With no live Football to think about what’s the point. 

This lockdown could go on until a vaccination is found if ever. 

People need to think about that. 

Just now, Curtains said:

You don’t actually miss the football . 

I miss Derby County everyday whether it be reading about the next match or last match etc . With no live Football to think about what’s the point. 

This lockdown could go on until a vaccination is found if ever. 

People need to think about that. 

No not really.

Of course when it comes back I will be excited to watch it again but there is plenty more to life.

Watched a few old games on Rams TV and watching the Euro 90s replays but cant say I am overly missing the football.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

No not really.

Of course when it comes back I will be excited to watch it again but there is plenty more to life.

Watched a few old games on Rams TV and watching the Euro 90s replays but cant say I am overly missing the football.

Mate life may never ever be the same again unless a vaccine is found. How can live matches ever happen again .

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's a very good point. If I wasn't clear, maybe this will help, we have a different perspective.   As I wake up there is, once the sleep has been banished, a frisson of delight when I remember there is a game to go to. … If I am really honest .. I mean really … Yes I like my crowd that sit near me, the chat and the camraderie is good, you are part of something bigger; but for me it really is the game itself. Its a hunt or a battle.. you sit and watch, mental areas in your lizard brain predicting angles, the absolute delight when a jinking run pays off, or clever ball control, or a peach of a pass or when someone times a run and it gets seen and used. The ball in the back of the net goes without saying. I love love love watching the game .. 

The chat and the friendship are an enjoyable part of the day for sure, but secondary.  Live games at the ground allow you to feel it with 25K others which is like salt and vineger on your chips .. but for me its the game, always the game - the contest, sportsmen thrilling you with their efforts, the excitement, triumph, skill and team play in a noisy stadium .. for me no other sport gets near it. 

I have to say im not missing it at all, I have spent Saturday mornings watching some classic games from the past (nothing to do with Debry County) with a couple of my friends on Zoom.

We have watched Coventry v Spurs cup final, Wimbledon v Victims cup final, Victims v Arsenal in 89 the game where Thomas wins the league for Arsenal and even Forest v Luton in the league cup final......all a lot more enjoyable than watching Debry v Birmingham....

Archived