What are we missing most about Derby County

Curtains

I've not missed nowt abart footy  ...only thing I've missed is aying beer before match and after... theres been some right c*** served up by sum of them so called players over years wi been at pride park . The club has tret supporters with contempt at times .. in fact the whole of football has but yet wi still turn up like little sheep .. thinking football actually gives a toss abart us... missed it ? Nah tek it or leave it nah 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I have to say im not missing it at all, I have spent Saturday mornings watching some classic games from the past (nothing to do with Debry County) with a couple of my friends on Zoom.

We have watched Coventry v Spurs cup final, Wimbledon v Victims cup final, Victims v Arsenal in 89 the game where Thomas wins the league for Arsenal and even Forest v Luton in the league cup final......all a lot more enjoyable than watching Debry v Birmingham....

Blooming eck. You are now calling us Debry County and watching the Reds a lot. You need a drink!

Is that you with number 12 on your back?

38 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I have to say im not missing it at all, I have spent Saturday mornings watching some classic games from the past (nothing to do with Debry County) with a couple of my friends on Zoom.

We have watched Coventry v Spurs cup final, Wimbledon v Victims cup final, Victims v Arsenal in 89 the game where Thomas wins the league for Arsenal and even Forest v Luton in the league cup final......all a lot more enjoyable than watching Debry v Birmingham....

Give me Derby Reserves v Birmingham reserves over any of that, I know they have let us out fishing again but didn’t think they meant online!

19 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

I've not missed nowt abart footy  ...only thing I've missed is aying beer before match and after... theres been some right c*** served up by sum of them so called players over years wi been at pride park . The club has tret supporters with contempt at times .. in fact the whole of football has but yet wi still turn up like little sheep .. thinking football actually gives a toss abart us... missed it ? Nah tek it or leave it nah 

Good grief man I think me and you are light years apart. 

50 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Blimey I love watching Derby vs anyone more than any highlights of anything else. 

Tha atmosphere at the ground is brilliant for me. 

Also love watching Derby away. 

I'm not too fussed.

It's a lot easier to get fully caught up on here, without missing any gossip.  I go to the match alone anyway, what with having no mates, and not being particularly partial to a beer.
And lets face it, whatever happens watching The Rams for the rest of my life, We ain't never gonna match what I witnessed after my first ever game (receiving the 1975 1st div championship trophy), so going week in week out, for the past 45 years has been little more than a lost cause!  A fruitless dream!  A pointless exercise!

Nah... I can live without footy.  I can live without DCFC.  After all, it was never more than just a game!

Well, that was convincing.  If I keep a straight face, I may even start to believe it myself! 

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

I don’t know if you are just being ironic but if not, then why on Earth are you here at all ? Club, supporters, relationship between the two ? Poor players, poor performances .. so ? That is what goes with being a fan. You choose to buy an expensive temperamental car, it hurts your bank balance, costs a fortune to maintain, Is full of niggling faults, but turn the key on a sunny day, fire up those cylinders, press the loud pedal on a clear road and it’s all worth it and some. 

Match day..... drinks at 12 in town, walk to the ground about 14:30, singing, shouting, moaning, half time pint, singing, shouting, moaning, walk back to town drinks and after match debate...god I miss it ?

The emotional rollercoaster.

Hope, dread, anticipation, fear, elation, disappointment, excitement, resentment, unbridled joy, resentment, shared happiness, bitter arguments, escapism, stress, contentment, despair, thrill, despondency, bonding, rejection, satisfaction, embarrassment, gloating, being goaded, dreams, nightmares, comfort, isolation, pride.

It's love without the sex ?

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But he isn’t as good as mason Bennett remember......

I saw Bennett score as a 16 year old against Tranmere in a cup game. There was some other kids in the team that day like Hughes and Hendrick, I think we won 5-1 with a midfield average age of 16/17.

Good kids, good players, bloody pity we couldn't keep them together like United did with the class of 92. 

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I saw Bennett score as a 16 year old against Tranmere in a cup game. There was some other kids in the team that day like Hughes and Hendrick, I think we won 5-1 with a midfield average age of 16/17.

Good kids, good players, bloody pity we couldn't keep them together like United did with the class of 92. 

5-0 I remember Brayford scoring too, me and my dad then went to see nottingham Panthers play ice hockey and they  managed to better Coventry blaze 1-0 still to this day we joke the scores should be reversed.

17 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Heck. What happened to put you in such a mood? Did Hilda turn you down?

22 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Coventry v Spurs is one of the most iconic games of a generation. 

Watched it myself, took me back to the days when football was so enjoyable.

FA Cup final was the pinnacle.  3 oclock Saturday afternoon, whole family watching the build up to the game, all having a bet on the score.

Can't remember last time I watched an FA Cup final.

Archived