After this lockdown is all over....

SFD1968

1 hour ago, europia said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52191140

Seems Liverpool had a change of heart. Fair play for admitting they got it wrong, albeit after criticism from former players and supporters. 

American owners, no matter what they don't get it. What they do get is the business side of it, in this case it tarnished "the brand". Former players and supporters know about history and spirit of Shankly, they get it.

I must say I was expecting the Glazers to do it but not Liverpool

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although we’d all prefer a packed Pride Park when all this is over. This’d be a great idea if the remaining games of this season are played behind closed doors 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52347927 

When football is being played behind closed doors, being on the other side of that door is the next best thing, right?

Danish Superliga leaders FC Midtjylland think so.

So much so, that when the league eventually resumes with games being played in empty stadiums, they have come up with an ingenious idea to ensure their fans are as close as possible to the action - while also remaining at a safe distance.

A drive-in.

The club plans to set up two big screens in their stadium car-park, with up to 2,000 parking spaces being made available.

It would allow up to 10,000 fans to tune into the TV commentary through their car radio.

16 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Although we’d all prefer a packed Pride Park when all this is over. This’d be a great idea if the remaining games of this season are played behind closed doors 

When football is being played behind closed doors, being on the other side of that door is the next best thing, right?

So much so, that when the league eventually resumes with games being played in empty stadiums, they have come up with an ingenious idea to ensure their fans are as close as possible to the action - while also remaining at a safe distance.

A drive-in.

The club plans to set up two big screens in their stadium car-park, with up to 2,000 parking spaces being made available.

It would allow up to 10,000 fans to tune into the TV commentary through their car radio.

So with those figures stated, that assumes the 5 people in each car come from the same household... or the social distancing advice is lifted, which of course kinda defeats the whole point!

This was mentioned on another thread this morning... My immediate response was to question our ability to remain in our cars when that last minute winner goes in!  I doubt Brit footy fans can be trusted to make this option even conceivable!  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

So with those figures stated, that assumes the 5 people in each car come from the same household... or the social distancing advice is lifted, which of course kinda defeats the whole point!

This was mentioned on another thread this morning... My immediate response was to question our ability to remain in our cars when that last minute winner goes in!  I doubt Brit footy fans can be trusted to make this option even conceivable!  

Christ I’m glad I’m not in lock down with you...

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

A drive-in.

Bizzare this came up in the news - I mentioned the other day we should bring back drive in cinemas to sort that problem oit short term. But then the same problem occurs in both those scenarios - you just can’t trust certain muppets to stay in their cars. A great idea in principle, but sadly can’t see it working in reality. I guess with heavy policing you might be able to keep it under control, but it would be difficult. 

Also, for blokes with weak bladders like mine, where do I go for my half time piss? In a bottle and lob it into the away fans car park? 

9 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Christ I’m glad I’m not in lock down with you...

?
Yeah reading it back, it does come over 100% negative, but I can't deny, my points still stand, even if I could/should have worded it better!

We mustn't lose sight of the fact that if the games being played behind close doors, it'll be for a reason... to stop crowds gathering. 
This scenario brings a crowd, albeit all in our cars.  I stand to be corrected, but I believe currents rules/advice "forbid" 5 in a car, unless all from the same household.  It'll need rule changes before it can even be discussed as a possibility.

Let's see if it happens over here, and if not, let's see if anyone gives reason(s) why not.  

Let's also hope I am 100 wrong, and you are 100 right... It's a nice idea, and I'd go for it... if it can be made to work.

PS:
No idea how many cars our own car park (plural?) hold, and who would get ticket priority?  

??

Anyone reckon we will attend a match before next year? I can see football being behind closed doors for quite a while but no large gatherings of people for a ages. Would our crowds be limited to say 5000 for a while with social isolating and season ticket holders allocated matches on a rotational basis say 1 in 5?

13 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Anyone reckon we will attend a match before next year? I can see football being behind closed doors for quite a while but no large gatherings of people for a ages. Would our crowds be limited to say 5000 for a while with social isolating and season ticket holders allocated matches on a rotational basis say 1 in 5?

They'll just let the north stand in. Plenty of social distancing there normally.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Bizzare this came up in the news - I mentioned the other day we should bring back drive in cinemas to sort that problem oit short term. But then the same problem occurs in both those scenarios - you just can’t trust certain muppets to stay in their cars. A great idea in principle, but sadly can’t see it working in reality. I guess with heavy policing you might be able to keep it under control, but it would be difficult. 

Also, for blokes with weak bladders like mine, where do I go for my half time piss? In a bottle and lob it into the away fans car park? 

?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

?
Yeah reading it back, it does come over 100% negative, but I can't deny, my points still stand, even if I could/should have worded it better!

We mustn't lose sight of the fact that if the games being played behind close doors, it'll be for a reason... to stop crowds gathering. 
This scenario brings a crowd, albeit all in our cars.  I stand to be corrected, but I believe currents rules/advice "forbid" 5 in a car, unless all from the same household.  It'll need rule changes before it can even be discussed as a possibility.

Let's see if it happens over here, and if not, let's see if anyone gives reason(s) why not.  

Let's also hope I am 100 wrong, and you are 100 right... It's a nice idea, and I'd go for it... if it can be made to work.

PS:
No idea how many cars our own car park (plural?) hold, and who would get ticket priority?  

??

No probs Mucker, I guess in my pursuit of ANY shred of good news I posted the link without giving thought to the practicality of the idea.  I guess it'll work in Germany, as they're all about the fan experience.

Archived