The Young Rams

Bubbles

They wouldn't offer that much yet, its hypothetical question. They might offer £10 million, and if they did tell them to do one. We need to be like Southampton. Develop players, enjoy them for a while and then sell them for £30  million each. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are surely much better holding onto them and letting them form the core of our team for years to come - into the Premier League with the club that gave them their start.

We couldn't buy anywhere near similar talent for a paltry £30 million.

Just now, angieram said:

We are surely much better holding onto them and letting them form the core of our team for years to come - into the Premier League with the club that gave them their start.

Modern football can be a bit of a bitch with stuff like this. Can't reject a £15m bid from some top 4 team, for example, and not expect a player to get annoyed about it. Player power is a different beast these days.

Also think it can be prudent to know when a player's value has peaked relative to where you are at that time, sometimes taking the money to reinvest in the academy or at other positions to strengthen as a whole is really important to be able to keep moving forward.

On 05/03/2020 at 22:39, LeedsCityRam said:

Opinions I guess but thought Sibley was excellent tonight, couple of good shots, direct running, nice touches, aggression & defended the ball well. Also did well not to knock McTominay out

Think Lowe has massive potential but a few sloppy passes & bit muted going forward tonight

Whitaker & Knight did well, agreed ? And Bird was just his usual class self

Yeah agreed tbf, Sibley was amazing against Blackburn and he looks after the ball so effectively against bigger players 

I’d have Lowe all day, I think the sky is the limit for him given he has every attribute in a full back and Forsyth, while I like him, has been quite sloppy recently, certainly going forward 

hoping Whittaker starts to show his quality soon. Given how suddenly these academy players are becoming first team regulars, I wouldn’t be shocked if bags a few in the last ten games and is solidified as the our number 9 come opening day next season (can dream ?)

2 hours ago, Jram said:

Yeah agreed tbf, Sibley was amazing against Blackburn and he looks after the ball so effectively against bigger players 

I’d have Lowe all day, I think the sky is the limit for him given he has every attribute in a full back and Forsyth, while I like him, has been quite sloppy recently, certainly going forward 

hoping Whittaker starts to show his quality soon. Given how suddenly these academy players are becoming first team regulars, I wouldn’t be shocked if bags a few in the last ten games and is solidified as the our number 9 come opening day next season (can dream ?)

I'm sure he will. If we think back to Bird's first appearances in the first team (even this season), he looked a bit undercooked too but now is a vital part of the side. Think Bird has bulked up a bit since earlier in the season, wonder if that's what the coaching staff are encouraging Whittaker to do given that any number 9 will face plenty of physical stuff against Championship CB knuckleheads.

Think he'll only start this season if we drop away from contention but even a goal as a sub would do wonders for his confidence ?

On 09/03/2020 at 13:07, angieram said:

Spot on angie also with their team spirit i would never sell them unless it was for stupid money.

On 09/03/2020 at 13:03, Gerry Daly said:

They wouldn't offer that much yet, its hypothetical question. They might offer £10 million, and if they did tell them to do one. We need to be like Southampton. Develop players, enjoy them for a while and then sell them for £30  million each. 

And this is what Mel meant by “a Derby way”

when we brought in Pearson and rowett people spoke about it not being the Derby way, truth is it has nothing to do with playing style but one of a club philosophy as u described above aka self sufficient 

5 hours ago, Squid said:

I can remember last season thinking Max Bird was going to be one of them who would flop and end up at Blackpool or something.

Boy was i wrong...

I watched him play the first half away to Villa last season and felt truly sorry for him, so awful was his performance.

This season he has been the best of our young players.

Archived