The Young Rams

Bubbles

Honestly thought the lads deserve a separate thread.

Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Sibley was quality today, his beef with McDonalds was a joy to watch. Showed passion, resilience, top stuff.

Knighty boy, getting better with each game, I mean that.

Bird, same as above!

Whittaker getting better, showing more effort and determination, his time will come..

People will give Cocu poo for the lineup, look at the bigger picture, giving these lads the opportunity to play against Man United, who i said before the game have been a different gravy recently, is an priceless opportunity for them to go and stake a claim.

They can hold their heads high. An inform united and thats all you can say really.

Next season we will be better, giving these lads the chances and opportunities that arise will do them a world of good on their way to becoming valuable first team players.

Ah well, on to the next one.

The future is black and white ladies, gentlemen, non-binary friends!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whittaker is getting better with every game. Starting to show those little bits of class and popping up in those positions on the edge of the box where he’s scored the best part of 20 goals over the past 2 seasons. 

forgot about Whittaker! I completely agree

Occasions like tonight, the League Cup tie at Forest and the Northampton arm wrestle are exactly what these lads need. Tough situations, crowd expectation, motivated opponents...can the young lads still execute like they do on the training pitch/for the under-23s? All power to Cocu for seeing the long term picture & slowly integrating them.

Max Bird was nowhere near the first team 4 months ago, now he's arguably the first name on the team sheet. Sibley will be joining him before too long & Whitaker too. 

I’d much rather watch these lads finish mid table than that Billy Davies team that got us promoted. I loved watching Giles Barnes and Will Hughes progress and we’re lucky enough to have 5 or 6 of them in the same team.

Good seasons to come. 

Definitely deserve a lot of praise for their mental strength to play in a game like that. It was always going to be a tough game against vastly, vastly superior opposition - so to come out and keep fighting until the very end is really commendable. Especially when we conceded those first couple of goals first half, would have been very easy for young players like we had out there to lose hope and just collapse. But they did the exact opposite, our performance in the second half was much better and far less nervy - we kept battling away until the very end, and that really is to the young lads credit, given the game was already lost. Credit to the manager as well for that, we looked very nervy first half and we seemed too scared to play our natural game. He’s obviously had a word at half time, gave the players a bit of belief in themselves, and they came out second half much better for it. 

So yeah, massive well done to the young lads for the way they stepped up to the big stage on what was surely both an extremely exciting, but also extremely nervy, night for them. That’s the magic of the FA cup I suppose, it can give youngsters like our lot their first taste of the big time, which is no doubt a hugely valuable experience in their future development. And with the natural technical quality some of these lads show, it would be no surprise if they’re playing at that level week in, week out in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Whittaker  is getting better but first touch is awful should of been marriott not whitaker! Even tho did well towards end, waghorn should of gone wide 

Marriotts been poo, doesn’t fit our style of play at all and he’ll be leaving in summer.

Would much rather give Whittaker a chance.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whittaker is getting better with every game. Starting to show those little bits of class and popping up in those positions on the edge of the box where he’s scored the best part of 20 goals over the past 2 seasons. 

Think Whittaker might be the best of the lot, might take a couple of seasons

Thought Bird was really good as usual

If I’m honest, I don’t agree with some of the reviews of the other lads... Knight has played much better than he did tonight and 

Sibley was anonymous for most of it 

Whittaker again decent when he came on

Max Lowe is top drawer 

Just now, peachmyster said:

Whittaker is no where near ready for first team football at this level  needs a season long next season 

Not sure if we were watching the same game. Whittaker played a few lovely balls and looked dangerous when given the chance, I don't think he's very far off at all.

3 minutes ago, Jram said:

Thought Bird was really good as usual

If I’m honest, I don’t agree with some of the reviews of the other lads... Knight has played much better than he did tonight and 

Sibley was anonymous for most of it 

Whittaker again decent when he came on

Max Lowe is top drawer 

Opinions I guess but thought Sibley was excellent tonight, couple of good shots, direct running, nice touches, aggression & defended the ball well. Also did well not to knock McTominay out

Think Lowe has massive potential but a few sloppy passes & bit muted going forward tonight

Whitaker & Knight did well, agreed ? And Bird was just his usual class self

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

Marriotts been poo, doesn’t fit our style of play at all and he’ll be leaving in summer.

Would much rather give Whittaker a chance.

Might not suit our style but offered alot more then whittaker did when both come on he just needs more time with Rooney like that ball from defence to striker and great stop from romeo offers something different and he's score loads with Rooney and even if he was off Martin 

Archived