Credit due to the manager and some of the the players not involved in the summer

Sparkle

I think a lot of credit should go to the manager who has successfully used those players not involved or expected to be involved from the summer when he took over and well done to the players 

Martin 

Davies

Forsyth

wisdom

youngsters - Bird Knight sibley Whittaker  

a big ? from me 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, curb said:

I wouldn’t be slightly surprised if Martin, Wisdom and Forsyth are offered new contracts.

I'd be disappointed if they weren't eo be honest. Max and Jayden are very much the future, but Andre and Fozzy remain our most consistent FBs at this point and Chris has shown how vital he is in almost every game he's played, especially most recently.

All three have done enough to warrant an extra year at least and I'd imagine that Cocu's summer targets will be selected to bolster other areas. A CB, a winger or two and a striker, if Marriott is deemed surplus to requirements, would be my guesses. 

Yep, all credit for Cocu that. Two fold credit as well for me. Firstly, it’s been very difficult for him not being able to get the players in that he wanted, especially in the January window, through no fault of his own. So he’s done very well to work with what he’s got, including players previously deemed not good enough/ not suited to the style of play, and still have relative success. It’s the sign of a good coach, being able to improve players and help them adapt the way they play, and we’ve certainly seen evidence of that in the previous months.

Secondly, the bringing through of academy lads deserves huge credit too. It’s obviously a big part of the job remit he was given when he signed his contract going off Mels comments, and he’s certainly made a successful start in that respect. Knight and Bird in particular have really established themselves with Cocus help, and Whittaker and Sibley also look to be edging their way in. 

Forgot to add well done to the players who were initially probably thinking they had no future here, but have fought their way back into contention. That shows real admirable desire to play football, many players would have been happy to sit on their wage packets and do nothing.

We haven't really seen much of sibley. 

Bird and knight have been the stars for me, altho wisdom is playing the best football of his career with us. 

Good to see fozzy and martin back in the saddle. 

Clarke has improved from the nervous wreck who kicked off the season.

holmes has also done well. 

Lawrence is as good as he's ever been, altho he's still not a winger. 

Waggy has crash bang walloped his way to 12 goals.

there have been a few disappointments too who shall remain nameless.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure about the manager so much but its good to see that we do have professionals in the club who have stepped up when asked to do so, which in all honesty I would have expected any good professional to do.

careful you dont slip a disc when bending over backward to give Cocu any praise.Who do you think picks all these (to use you expression) professionals?

Archived