Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Those protesting are a very tiny minority of the US population and probably at the lower end of the intelligence and common sense spectrum. Lots of people are suffering financially and emotionally but surely lifting the lock down is not the answer.

Well I think spread faster with lock down but all it has done made this thing 10 times worse.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I think spread faster with lock down but all it has done made this thing 10 times worse.

It would have been a whole lot worse, and still could be, without the lock down. Those of us that have not lost a loved one can thank our lucky stars as well as the governments measures. Those of us that have needed medical treatment, or knows someone that has, can be thankful for the lock down that the NHS hasn’t been completely overwhelmed.

1 minute ago, ramit said:

Our overdraft was due to be paid up April 1 and i was about to head to the bank to ask for a few month extension when i got a message from them that they had added a year to the deadline.  i almost fainted, it's the first time ever the bank does anything for me.

I had a text from Barclays this morning saying "any personel overdraught betweem May 1st till July 9th with be interest free upto £750".

Never had an overdraught in my life, Aint starting now either.

Just now, TramRam said:

I had a text from Barclays this morning saying "any personel overdraught betweem May 1st till July 9th with be interest free upto £750".

Good for you.  i had the same stance until forced into action to finish renovating a house we paid for in cash

Well for me 

I know goverment think did righy thing by protecting people but it did was other wise telling people stay at home and having food devilied but for me this how virus spreaded so fast but before the lock down everything was at normal rate.

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well for me 

I know goverment think did righy thing by protecting people but it did was other wise telling people stay at home and having food devilied but for me this how virus spreaded so fast but before the lock down everything was at normal rate.

Without a lockdown, people with the virus would have been on the streets passing it on to others nearby.
With the lockdown, most of those infected are staying at home and not passing it on. Some will still be going to the shops, but certainly not worse than before - with social distancing, the spread is reduced. Deliveries are left by the door - no physical contact and a safe distance is almost always maintained.

It's almost impossible for the virus to spread more during a lockdown than it would without one, as the number of new cases has shown.

35 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well for me 

The infection rate was always going to speed up mate. The lockdown has slowed that rate and enabled the health service to cope. 
I can feel your pain and your anxious to get back normal as soon as possible but it’s just not right yet. You need to be strong and understand that this is not about individual circumstances, it’s about the greater good . God forbid someone close to you gets it and something you didn’t do contributed to it. 
We are all on your side but you need to think a little deeper sometimes. 
All the best to you and your family mate. 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You still unpack your shopping and person who packed for you could be ill coughed all over shopping if wash tins and bottles and wiped down any packageing that only way stop it from spreading through your house hold.

But without a lockdown you are multiplying that risk a hundred fold. 
Hiw many different people do you come into contact with at the cinema? Add that to your shopping example and you have more risk. 

47 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Sounds like good news but the fact that a bank dont even know how to spell overdraft should have alarm bells ringing.

Did you have to send them your account number and PIN for them to activate this new scheme?!?!

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You still unpack your shopping and person who packed for you could be ill coughed all over shopping if wash tins and bottles and wiped down any packageing that only way stop it from spreading through your house hold.

No one is saying there is zero risk to having your shopping picked, packed and delivered by someone else but the risks are much much lower than vulnerable people shopping for themselves. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sounds like good news but the fact that a bank dont even know how to spell overdraft should have alarm bells ringing.

Did you have to send them your account number and PIN for them to activate this new scheme?!?!

I did have the window open when I posted it, That's twice now i've had my spelling corrected today, Nope it was a genuine text from Barclays.

I can't believe I miss spelt overdraft

Renimder two wons self, Cheque yor spelling befour posting ?

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No one is saying there is zero risk to having your shopping picked, packed and delivered by someone else but the risks are much much lower than vulnerable people shopping for themselves. 

That's when washing your hands is helpful @B4ev6is. Stay away from people. Wash your hands as often as you can because you are touching stuff that could have the virus on it.

Have faith, you will get to the other side of this and you will be back at the football. You'll enjoy it ten times as much because you know what it's like when there's no football in your life.

10 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But without a lockdown you are multiplying that risk a hundred fold. 
Hiw many different people do you come into contact with at the cinema? Add that to your shopping example and you have more risk. 

Well I washed my hands every time I get the chance I get. So for me lessing the risk.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8238583/Hundreds-arrive-Heathrow-virus-hotspots-theyre-not-stopped-Covid-19-screening.html

This is a question that needs asking at the daily briefings (unless already asked in one of the ones that I have missed)

The Daily Mail having a go at the Tories by quoting an Iranian to stick the boot in. The country's gone.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8238583/Hundreds-arrive-Heathrow-virus-hotspots-theyre-not-stopped-Covid-19-screening.html

This is a question that needs asking at the daily briefings (unless already asked in one of the ones that I have missed)

Fully agree, there's some poor decision making at airports - and it would appear we've continued with those choices for whatever reason.

Archived