NFL 2020 Season

Day

Pretty good 1st round for the Vikings. I’d have loved one of the top OTs but they were gone, the next 2 are still on the board in round 2. So picking up Jefferson who I thought would be taken earlier, and then trading back for Gladney covers the WR and CB positions. And we still have 12 picks left, so there will be more trading to come.

Highlight of the day by absolutely miles was Green Bay picking a QB, and their garbage fans on the screen going from cheering, to crickets, the meltdown on twitter, and already the reports that Rodgers is angry. It was beautiful ?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Really happy with the Vikings 4 picks, managed to do it with 2 trade backs as well, we still have 13 picks left which is mental.

Still not making the Super Bowl though 

19 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Vikings will be desperate for cheap squad fillers. If you can fill out you squad depth with day three picks, you’re laughing.

Yeah, Anthony Harris & Dalvin Cook both need paying, that could be the way to make the cap space. I think we’ll use a few to trade up today, there’s some decent talent left on the board in positions we need to fill. We have been very good on day 3 under Spielman & Zimmer, this is where they really do to work.

Draft Ratings ala Ambitious - all teams:

1. Dolphins
2. Ravens
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos
5. Bengals
6. Bills
7. Browns
8. Colts
9. Lions
10. Vikings
11. Jets
12. Niners
13, Jaguars
14. Raiders
15. Redskins
16. Cardinals
17. Giants
18. Steelers
19. Chiefs
20. Panthers
21. Saints
22. Chargers
23. Falcons
24, Buccs
25. Rams
26. Eagles
27. Titans
28. Seahawks
29. Bears
30. Texans
31. Patriots
32. Packers

I think the top 4 or 5 in particular really did well to improve their teams for next season and the future. The last four were really cut away from the rest. The Patriots got a good player in Josh Uche, who I hoped the Rams would go for, but really failed to improve their needs. NO wide receiver drafted by them, but two tight ends they over reached on, plus the obvious need for a QB. They would've been a lot better of trading away all their picks for just one QB. Packers, my word, what a mess. The first three picks don't improve them in the slightest: QB, RB and TE - the TE is another one who is a massive over reach. I'm not joking when I say there was a couple of undrafted guys with a better PFF rating than the guy they took as 94 overall. 

Ravens really are well equipped for a big season now. 

34 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Draft Ratings ala Ambitious - all teams:

1. Dolphins
2. Ravens
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos
5. Bengals
6. Bills
7. Browns
8. Colts
9. Lions
10. Vikings
11. Jets
12. Niners
13, Jaguars
14. Raiders
15. Redskins
16. Cardinals
17. Giants
18. Steelers
19. Chiefs
20. Panthers
21. Saints
22. Chargers
23. Falcons
24, Buccs
25. Rams
26. Eagles
27. Titans
28. Seahawks
29. Bears
30. Texans
31. Patriots
32. Packers

I think the top 4 or 5 in particular really did well to improve their teams for next season and the future. The last four were really cut away from the rest. The Patriots got a good player in Josh Uche, who I hoped the Rams would go for, but really failed to improve their needs. NO wide receiver drafted by them, but two tight ends they over reached on, plus the obvious need for a QB. They would've been a lot better of trading away all their picks for just one QB. Packers, my word, what a mess. The first three picks don't improve them in the slightest: QB, RB and TE - the TE is another one who is a massive over reach. I'm not joking when I say there was a couple of undrafted guys with a better PFF rating than the guy they took as 94 overall. 

Ravens really are well equipped for a big season now. 

The Packers draft was the best thing I’ve ever seen ?

I would put Texans last as it might not have been the draft but who lets Hopkins one of the top 5 receivers in the league leave. Madness.

Then The Rams just for paying Goff real money still ?

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

The Packers draft was the best thing I’ve ever seen ?

Someone should lose their job over that, effectively putting Rodgers on the clock and giving him nothing to work with. They have Aaron Jones already, so the running back was also a wasted pick to some extent. TE is a need of theirs, but they draft a guy who wasn't even seen as one of the better ones - possibly one they could've picked up in the 7th or even as a UDFA. Strange. 

2 hours ago, David said:

I would put Texans last as it might not have been the draft but who lets Hopkins one of the top 5 receivers in the league leave. Madness.

Then The Rams just for paying Goff real money still ?

BOB is having a nightmare, their draft again wasn't down to them getting necessarily bad players but they certainly seemed to reach for them. As for the Goff comment, we will certainly see next season (if there is a season). I'm disappointed we didn't add to the OL, as it was ranked 31 out of 32 last season, but hopefully we can keep people healthy and get a bit of consistency. I'm still not convinced. The running back will be incredibly hard; I'm fairly sure we drafted Cam Akers over JK Dobbins purely for the reason that he has tons of experience running behind a bad OL and getting positive results. The defence, I'm hopeful will be productive. It will be extremely different from last season - I expect to see 3-3-5 type formation regularly with a 3 safety set. Rapp has proven to be a very impactful player, so I can almost see him having a free role to make the play. 

It's going to tough season for us though, no doubt. The draft doesn't give me huge confidence. I'd have taken: Ezra Cleveland (OT), Josh Uche(OLB), Malik Harrison(ILB), Terrell Burgess(S), Tyler Biadasz(C), James Proche(WR), Dane Jackson(CB), Tremayne Anchurm(G) & Hunter Bryant(TE). 

The above gives us three key pieces on our OL. Ezra could help with an aging Whitworth, eventually replace him. Biadasz could've replaced Sullivan at C since he's been replaced by a bunch of guards at the moment. Tremayne, a pick I actually like, could've come in late to compete for a guards role. All three would've competed for OL jobs from day one, I'm sure. Josh Uche would've been a starter from day one, as would Malik Harrison. Proche could've sat behind Kupp, Woods & Reynolds. Hunter Bryant could've competed with Everett and Higbee, as would Dane Jackson with Troy Hill. Terrell Burgess would've been a nice feature when going with a 3 safety set. 

We will see. The NFC West is stacked at the moment, even the Cardinals look dangerous. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Someone should lose their job over that, effectively putting Rodgers on the clock and giving him nothing to work with. They have Aaron Jones already, so the running back was also a wasted pick to some extent. TE is a need of theirs, but they draft a guy who wasn't even seen as one of the better ones - possibly one they could've picked up in the 7th or even as a UDFA. Strange. 

I engage with a few Packers fans on twitter, going by their tweets and the replies, they’re understandably seething. The fact that we, in the first 4 rounds especially had a great draft, has them riled up even more. I really like our draft, the only major question mark left is guard, but there’s some options in the squad. I really like Dru Samia, who didn’t play much last season, but our philosophy for a while has been draft promising players to train up, and it’s worked with players like Anthony Harris, Erik Kendricks...

Also getting so many picks and filling the squad up with draft picks, leaves us some room to manoeuvre in free agency.

For the Fantasy League this season, I would recommend the Sleeper app - it allows you to play almost any configuration you see fit, plus it works really well. Much, much better than the NFL app. I'm happy with the same settings we had through the last one, but I like the app a lot more. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

For the Fantasy League this season, I would recommend the Sleeper app - it allows you to play almost any configuration you see fit, plus it works really well. Much, much better than the NFL app. I'm happy with the same settings we had through the last one, but I like the app a lot more. 

I’ll second that, did my first league on sleeper last season, found it a lot better than the NFL one.

On 24/04/2020 at 16:08, David said:

I fell asleep

Wondered what happened ?

Big fan of the Saints moves, both in the draft and around it. Only drafted 4 players total but getting 3 in the top 3 rounds (including two in the 3rd) that are all on your team's top 40 going into the draft is pretty great work.

Love the Winston pick up, too, tbh.

Archived