NFL 2020 Season

Day

Hard to know how to feel after that.

Didn’t either to win really, but you have to tip your hat off to Brady. 

Mahomes was screwed by his O line and wouldn’t score a TD if they were still playing now, but the Buccs really showed off.

The guy is insane, fair play to him at 43 and fair play to anyone that called the Buccs winning the Super Bowl at the start of the season.

Oh but wait a minute, going by @MuespachRamrules, an asterisk will be by their name as it was won during Covid times, so technically they haven’t won it. I don’t make the rules here ?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Out of interest, what would you define as Goff doing well in Detroit? 

Holding down the starters job a few years? Or leading the Lions to some success?

Back-to-back MVPs and winning the Super Bowl. 

excited aplomb GIF

..... I'm going to go as far as saying that Goff will win more playoff games with the Lions than any other QB in their entire history. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I wouldn't hold his rookie year against him, I mean Stafford had 20 INTs to 13 TDs in his rookie season and went 2-8 in games he played in. Not that impressive when you consider he had one of the best to ever do it to throw to.

Goff had arguably the worst WR room in the history of the NFL - Tavon Austin, Pharoh Cooper, Paul McRoberts, Brian Quick, Mike Thomas, Stedman Bailey, Bradley Marquez and Nelson Spruce - and a really bad OL. It was ranked 31st out of 32 by PFF that year. He had also one of the worst HC in the NFL putting it all together for him, then a special teams coordinator to see out the season. 

The situation Goff has in LA isn't exactly outstanding either, no pro-bowlers on the offensive line or in the receiving core. He's got a very good HC in McVay, but he's not surrounded by elite talent. Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Tyler Higbee won't end up in the HOF at the end of their career. 

Stafford looks more impressive than Goff and definitely has better instincts, but Goff will do well in Detroit. It's laughable how his achievements are played down. Up until this last year, the Rams had the 2nd most scored points and he had the 4th most passing yards since he became full-time starter. If he's a bad QB then he isn't putting up those numbers. I can't wait to see what Stafford can do in LA, but I'm equally excited to see what Goff can do in Detroit. 

I understand that, Fisher could have turned Brady into a journeyman, but you kinda make my point for me in terms of things have to be right for Goff.

Bulger looked like a world-beater for a time under Martz because of the talent around him.

When the talent started to move on he struggled mightily.

Kupp is as good as any slot receiver in the league and Woods is a top 10 possession receiver, maybe top 5.

When they had Brandin Cooks they were not only arguable the best 1, 2, 3 WR set in the league, but in Gurley they had the best all-down back too.

There was no better WR and RB combo in the NFL and then they added CJ Anderson into the mix for the playoffs and he ran all over Dallas.

And in the Super Bowl season we had almost zero injuries to the Oline. That is a huge bonus and VERY rare.

Everything fell into place that season for Goff.

Then when it became more about him with Gurley's form tanking and Cooks being let go because of his concussion concerns he couldn't do it.

I'm not saying he is a bad QB at all, I'm just saying all the evidence points to him needing things to be 'just so' to be able to perform at the highest level.

For every incredible performance like those against the Vikings and Chiefs there was two or three truly dreadful performances like those at Chicago, Detroit, Miami, Pittsburgh, almost every time he played the 9ers and of course an utterly abject performance in the one that mattered the most.

I hope he does well, I like the guy, but I think he's a placeholder for a rebuilding team.

2 hours ago, David said:

Hard to know how to feel after that.

Didn’t either to win really, but you have to tip your hat off to Brady. 

Mahomes was screwed by his O line and wouldn’t score a TD if they were still playing now, but the Buccs really showed off.

The guy is insane, fair play to him at 43 and fair play to anyone that called the Buccs winning the Super Bowl at the start of the season.

Oh but wait a minute, going by @MuespachRamrules, an asterisk will be by their name as it was won during Covid times, so technically they haven’t won it. I don’t make the rules here ?

Where the rules changed mid season......? Was there a break mid season so teams could get my heir I hired players back..? Or did the Bucs just totally smash It. 

champ-a-bay

30 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Where the rules changed mid season......? Was there a break mid season so teams could get my heir I hired players back..? Or did the Bucs just totally smash It. 

champ-a-bay

Moving the goalposts

Effing Tampa Bay and Brady!

I was so hoping they tanked, but you have to take your hat off to them...

Just hope they have some difficult contract discussions and don’t dominate the South for the next few years...

Saints look like they’re in deep trouble next season with their cap, and both the Falcons and Panthers are still in a transitional phase.

Just hope Panthers don’t get Watson, otherwise the Falcons are going to be insignificant for a few years yet...

Feels weird to win the division over the Superbowl champions while beating them twice; but not mad about it. We were never going to compete in the post season with Payton's determination to allow Brees to go out on his own terms despite his body falling apart. Don't really harbor any ill feeling towards Tampa and I'm impressed by the statement Brady made this year. I'm not a naysayer when it comes to his GOAT-hood but I didn't think he'd be able to play at this level. Underestimated just how weapon-less he was at the Patriots.

I think the lion's share of the credit has to go to Todd Bowles, though - bounced back from a torrid spell with the Jets to turn the Buccs defense from a perennial punching bag to one of the best units in the league in 2 years.

Archived