The Politics Thread 2020

11 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Would you like me to cite some of the dozens of posts condemning the mass rallies in the UK on this very thread. Happy to post them in braille if that'd help?

What part of my post states that I don't think anyone has condemned mass rallies? I asked the question of Highgate.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

No gun jumping mate, I've cited the sources. Feel free to show otherwise, as is your prerogative ?

BBC and sky news we’re very clearly reporting it as being unconfirmed as terror attack when you posted it but hey if you are ok to stick to your guns fine by me ,just seems a bit funny to pull somebody up on something ( rightly) then do the same ,, noticed the person you pulled up was able to put his hands up and accept it,,, hmmmmm

13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ah, assumed it was more of a general point to be fair. Will you be condemning the Trump rally then?

No, but I also don't condemn BLM protests. I don't see the point in them, but I haven't and wouldn't use the covid pandemic as a reason to disagree with lawful assembly.

In fairness, I was originally going to make the point generally as I think the sentiment is fairly common, but I had to dismiss the idea since I know lots of people in favour of the protests voiced concern over mass gatherings and I'm certain there are plenty of republicans who are guilty of exactly the same hypocrisy vice versa.

Tom Petty's estate issue Donald Trump with cease and desist notice over song

Tom Petty's family says I Won't Back Down was written "for the common man" and they don't want it used for a "campaign of hate".

It seems it's all on top for Donny but he needn't worry as ace, in-house US political correspondent @maxjam assures us it's still his to lose. Based on current approval ratings Donny appears to be trying to do just that though ?

Trump's Fucked.PNG

SLeepy Joe.PNG

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

BBC and sky news we’re very clearly reporting it as being unconfirmed as terror attack when you posted it but hey if you are ok to stick to your guns fine by me ,just seems a bit funny to pull somebody up on something ( rightly) then do the same ,, noticed the person you pulled up was able to put his hands up and accept it,,, hmmmmm

No as I stated, Reuters, the BBC and SKY all reported last night that the police were treating it as a terror incident. You can bang on all you like mate, but those are the facts of the matter. They are also the facts that were reported in the articles in question as opposed to facts that were refuted, so if you're unable to discern the difference, I''m unable to help you. 

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

noticed the person you pulled up was able to put his hands up and accept it,,, hmmmmm

Wrong again mate. Christ, are you losing it? Andicis put his hands up, I responded in kind. The person who posted the article did nothing of the sort. Seems you've jumped the gun again old bean ?

16 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Tom Petty's estate issue Donald Trump with cease and desist notice over song

Tom Petty's family says I Won't Back Down was written "for the common man" and they don't want it used for a "campaign of hate".

It seems it's all on top for Donny but he needn't worry as ace, in-house US political correspondent @maxjam assures us it's still his to lose. Based on current approval ratings Donny appears to be trying to do just that though ?

Trump's Fucked.PNG

SLeepy Joe.PNG

@maxjam seems to back the right horse.

You don't, and neither do the polls. I remember the good days when Labour queues were round the block and Corbyn was getting in. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

@maxjam seems to back the right horse.

You don't, and neither do the polls. I remember the good days when Labour queues were round the block and Corbyn was getting on. 

Put your money where your mouth is then and let's you and I have an even £1,000.00 on the outcome. I'll even donate any winnings to Covid charities. All funds to be lodged in escrow until the outcome of the election.

Easy money for you since you have all the answers ?

27 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Wrong again mate. Christ, are you losing it? Andicis put his hands up, I responded in kind. The person who posted the article did nothing of the sort. Seems you've jumped the gun again old bean ?

Is it a wine day?

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You've been quiet since the neo-nazis confronted the police at the cenotaph. Nice to have you back.

Just finished nights. 7 x 12 hour shifts. 

Don't really fancy being social. Especially with people like the ones you find in this thread. 

Check my logins. Then stop the rude insinuations. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Just finished nights. 7 x 12 hour shifts. 

Don't really fancy being social. Especially with people like the ones you find in this thread. 

Check my logins. Then stop the rude insinuations. 

Haha. Funny how you take time between night shifts to be 'social' when there's a point to score though.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Haha. Funny how you take time between night shifts to be 'social' when there's a point to score though.

Think I only made a few posts in the last 2 weeks or so in this thread, haven't I? 

And I only posted about the match yesterday evening? 

Oh well. I will take the fact that you follow my posts so closely as a compliment.

Archived