The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Focus on saving as many people as possible. It's not a competition

Also don't focus on listening to bloody Julia Hartley Brewer on Talk Radio - it does you no good

Doesnt that kind of underline the point @maxjam was making?

We've got people trying to make an issue and get special investigations going because of a 4% disparity in BAME Covid 19 deaths?

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Doesnt that kind of underline the point @maxjam was making?

We've got people trying to make an issue and get special investigations going because of a 4% disparity in BAME Covid 19 deaths?

It sort of does - if that was his point, but I don't think it was

I'm saying we should be investigating all lines of disparity - because every human life should be treated equally and I'm sure that's exactly what they are doing. Because it's realy important to understand this stuff.

His point was that a paid antagonist in the "culture wars" was making a fuss about a newspaper reporting one of these lines as investigation as more worthy than another (which it clearly wasn't). But then she gets paid to provoke this response from people. Feelings of victimhood from fragile white males whenever a minority receives any attention (which they pereceive to be) at their expense.

Unless there is evidence that no one is investigating the reason for the disparity in male/female cases.?Or the young/old cases?

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

It sort of does - if that was his point, but I don't think it was

I'm saying we should be investigating all lines of disparity - because every human life should be treated equally and I'm sure that's exactly what they are doing. Because it's realy important to understand this stuff.

His point was that a paid antagonist in the "culture wars" was making a fuss about a newspaper reporting one of these lines as investigation as more worthy than another (which it clearly wasn't). But then she gets paid to provoke this response from people. Feelings of victimhood from fragile white males whenever a minority receives any attention (which they pereceive to be) at their expense.

Unless there is evidence that no one is investigating the reason for the disparity in male/female cases.?Or the young/old cases?

You see the paid antagonist as the 'enemy', I see the people they are reporting on as the 'enemy'.   If every little thing wasn't defined by identity politics the agitators would have nothing to moan about. 

Interesting how you view it through the lens of  'fragile white males victimhood'  the gender disparity re. covid deaths makes no mention of skin colour. 

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Interesting how you view it through the lens of  'fragile white males victimhood'  the gender disparity re. covid deaths makes no mention of skin colour. 

Claims identity politics as the enemy, and then tries to start an argument over me using the word white ?

Interesting that my use of the phrase "fragile white males victimhood" referred to the people most likely to buy into the arguments being stoked by the paid antagonists of the "culture wars" - it was nothing at all to do with the skin colour of Covid victims

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Claims identity politics as the enemy, and then tries to start an argument over me using the word white ?

Interesting that my use of the phrase "fragile white males victimhood" referred to the people most likely to buy into the arguments being stoked by the paid antagonists of the "culture wars" - it was nothing at all to do with the skin colour of Covid victims

Although identity politics is the enemy, more so than usual in this case as people are actually dying. 

It is far more virtuous to spend time and resources investigating a 4% BAME discrepancy that may or may not exist than it is to care that men are dying in far greater numbers than women.  And thats men of any colour, not just the fragile white ones.

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Focus on saving as many people as possible. It's not a competition

Also don't focus on listening to bloody Julia Hartley Brewer on Talk Radio - it does you no good

What is wrong with Julia Hartley Brewer ?

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

The BBC was pushing a narrative that just does not exist and for what purpose? Maxjam litterally doesn't care about the colour of someone's skin and correct me if I'm wrong @maxjam but you are anti culture wars and identity politics?

Where as people such as yourself always make a reference to race and bizzare comments about white people.

Forgive those of us who acknowledge people have been trying to divide us in recent times and want this to end. 

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

It is far more virtuous to spend time and resources investigating a 4% BAME discrepancy that may or may not exist than it is to care that men are dying in far greater numbers than women.  And thats men of any colour, not just the fragile white ones.

Except absolutely no one is saying that the former is happening at the expense of the latter. Nobody.

Hate preachers like JHB imply that it is, and people buy into it.

And that's the fragility right there.

Why would you assume that this is being done at the expense of all other investigations into the more obvious unexplained disparities? Insecurity maybe?

I mean - it's just as easy to assume that it's not

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Except absolutely no one is saying that the former is happening at the expense of the latter. Nobody.

Why would you assume that this is being done at the expense of all other investigations into the more obvious unexplained disparities? Insecurity maybe?

You and I have very different opinions about who we would call a hate preacher and where we see fragility, white or otherwise. 

Circular argument is going is circles, enjoy your evening ?

3 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Wow!

I know ?

If we are going to start labelling people such as Julia Hartley-Brewer as hate preachers then there really is no common ground from which to have a conversation.  I'm just wasting my time so I'm done.

29 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Hate preachers ffs. JHB. Possibly the most embarrassing post you’ve ever made and the list is long.

It says more about you as a person than you probably want.

This thread takes a lot of time to moderate, it’s mainly down to one person, if that person suddenly thinks why does he bother? This thread will disappear.

The rest of the mods just don’t have the patience.

Please be nice, we all like to think we are right, but there’s always another opinion.

Be nice and stay safe.

right I’m out of here before I get into a mass debate.

Just now, maxjam said:

I know ?

If we are going to start labelling people such as Julia Hartley-Brewer as hate preachers then there really is no common ground from which to have a conversation.  I'm just wasting my time so I'm done.

I think i  have a very high threshold for the term hate preacher. Think it's something a court/judge should decide and I'm still iffy on it then as it can be open to abuse.

Revolves around genocide. Even espousing the forced removal of citizens who are political opponents, races, religions, etc from a nation and consistently do so. Espousing punishing regions and demographics for how they vote. 

39 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So JHB is the new Abu Hamza?

It's comforting to know that you've all spat your dummies at my (not entirely serious) portraying of JHB as a hate preacher. I'm prone to exaggeration apparently  @i-Ramwill vouch for that

At least it proves that you can't argue with my actual point.

Literally no one is saying that people are investigating disparity in BAME deaths at the expense of investigating the other disparities.

Yet someone has made you think they have  - and you're kicking off

But I'm the problem. Thanks lads - have a good evening. 1-0 to me

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This thread takes a lot of time to moderate, it’s mainly down to one person, if that person suddenly thinks why does he bother? This thread will disappear.

The rest of the mods just don’t have the patience.

Please be nice, we all like to think we are right, but there’s always another opinion.

Be nice and stay safe.

right I’m out of here before I get into a mass debate.

The left wing fanatics will just post their diatribe elsewhere, 

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

It's comforting to know that you've all spat your dummies at my (not entirely serious) portraying of JHB as a hate preacher. I'm prone to exaggeration apparently  @i-Ramwill vouch for that

At least it proves that you can't argue with my actual point.

Literally no one is saying that people are investigating disparity in BAME deaths at the expense of investigating the other disparities.

Yet someone has made you think they have  - and you're kicking off

But I'm the problem. Thanks lads - have a good evening. 1-0 to me

Do you write jokes for Mason Bennett?

Archived