Interesting Tactic From Leeds

nick_d

When I was grimacing through the first half against Leeds I couldn't fail to be impressed by their pressing movement, I noticed one interesting tactic that closed off another of our avenues in that at a throw-in they put a man marking the 'thrower in', so stopping the inevitable pass back to him. This ended up in us conceding possession to them off a lot of throw-ins.

Good tactics by Bielsa, he lets himsel;f down sitting on that bucket though.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also find it interesting that teams never try to keep players up for Corners (ie. if we kept Marriott, Holmes and Zoon up at the weekend - one middle and one either touchline, they would have to keep at least three players back to compensate and then there would be more room in the box for our bigger players (admittedly there's too).

10 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I also find it interesting that teams never try to keep players up for Corners (ie. if we kept Marriott, Holmes and Zoon up at the weekend - one middle and one either touchline, they would have to keep at least three players back to compensate and then there would be more room in the box for our bigger players (admittedly there's too).

Like so many who don’t do this. I’d be tempted to leave eight or nine up front see how they deal with that ?

Remember thinking Cox should have done it (maybe not quite that many)  

Archived