Come on Derby show no fear

B4ev6is

Come on lads you can so beat leeds find that fight spirt that beat them in play offs so come get stuck in rough them up a beat we all know they hate that. Get that ball on the ground lets play out football it looks like going to back by at least 1500 on saturday

So come on Derby lets beat leeds.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Come on lads you can so beat leeds find that fight spirt that beat them in play offs so come get stuck in rough them up a beat we all know they hate that. Get that ball on the ground lets play out football it looks like going to back by at least 1500 on saturday

Eek.......I fear that way lies defeat. Playing our football doesn’t get in their faces.

run fast, run hard, kick often.....that’s the way!

Hope they do. But I do t mind getting beat if we put in a good performance. Need energy all around the pitch as we won’t have the ball a lot so we will have to rely on counterattacks. This is why I’d replace Huddlestone for knight or sibley in this game. No point having a player who’s strengths are passing when we need energy and won’t have the ball much. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

3 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Hope they do. But I do t mind getting beat if we put in a good performance. Need energy all around the pitch as we won’t have the ball a lot so we will have to rely on counterattacks. This is why I’d replace Huddlestone for knight or sibley in this game. No point having a player who’s strengths are passing when we need energy and won’t have the ball much. 

I agree that we're at the stage of the season where performance and the trend of things may be more important than the result.

I'd not take Huddlestone out though.

Yes, you need energy, but energy won't take you through the entire 90-minutes, it always ebbs and flows.

I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Huddlestone is actually playing okay overall, and we don't really have anybody else that can do what he does and with his level of experience and poise on the ball.

But yeh, I'll be looking for signs that the team is starting to knit. I'm also keen to see if Bielik can consolidate on a good start in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think I'm in the minority in thinking that Huddlestone is actually playing okay overall, and we don't really have anybody else that can do what he does and with his level of experience and poise on the ball.

But yeh, I'll be looking for signs that the team is starting to knit. I'm also keen to see if Bielik can consolidate on a good start in midfield.

Yes I agree, Huddlestone is playing ok. Unfortunately at the moment too many players are only doing 'OK' and we need a bit more. Hoping for a decent point on Saturday though COYR 

Need a bit more fight than that last away game that’s for sure... 

Just want to see players actually trying. We saw that against Cardiff imo and it was so much a better game to see when we didn’t have dowell waltzing around thinking that something will magically happen without actually getting stuck in. We saw in the polar opposites of the two PO games how to beat leeds- and how to get beat by them. For the latter, you do what we did in the first leg, approach the match cautiously, sit too deep and let them into you. To do the former, you have to be in their faces pressing for the full 90, stopping them playing their game and forcing their defence into mistakes- like we did in the second leg.

Its possible we could win Saturday, but only if we see a pressing game we haven’t seen so far this season. Let’s hope we do.

Id go more direct for the first half at least. Start Martin, Play balls up to him and have Marriott working off of him with Holmes being an outlet in midfield for him to lay the ball off to. See how there defenders manage with the long ball and rule out the possibility of giving the ball away sloppily in midfield. 

Archived