Max Hunt - Joined Carlisle

Ghost of Clough

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Nah right player, wrong game. Must have been one of the pre-season friendlies then but he definitely played RB, and looked okay. Never seen him at centre half though hence my curiosity 

That was bateman. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Joe Bateman is the player seen as the top prospect among our youth CBs, I believe.

Followed by Ethan Wassall, who I think gets a little overlooked (by myself too, sometimes) due to being the managers son. He is a mainstay in the team on performance, rather than nepotism. 

Max Hunt started really well and caught some eyes but I don't think he was particularly highly regarded of late. 

I would have put those two further down the pecking order. Cashin, Minkley, Rutt (only just turned 16 but been a regular for the U18s so far), etc... all ahead.

I’m surprised we let Hunt go without him proving himself at L1/2 level first. A successful loan could have resulted in receiving more money when selling him on. I wonder if he only had 6 months left on his deal so it made sense for this deal to take place, rather than lose him for nothing in the summer. 

12 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Joe Bateman is the player seen as the top prospect among our youth CBs, I believe.

Followed by Ethan Wassall, who I think gets a little overlooked (by myself too, sometimes) due to being the managers son. He is a mainstay in the team on performance, rather than nepotism. 

Max Hunt started really well and caught some eyes but I don't think he was particularly highly regarded of late. 

surprised to be selling Max Hunt seems odd when we need a CB but obviously seen as not quite good enough (but good luck to the lad hope it doesn't come back to bite us) still better than Ethan Wassall who is nowhere near good enough and lacks pace.

I watch a lot of under23s games and don't see him as good enough to play at championship level IMO maybe league 2 or national league at best , Bateman looks a good prospect

Just now, erathirea said:

...maybe I'm reading between the lines, but an outgoing CB, when we are low on numbers... does this signify we are about to sign one?

Saving the announcement for after today's game as a pick me up?

Yes, you're correct. You really are seeing what you want to see, I'm afraid. 

He just wasn't even closely good enough for this level and being signed by struggling team in League Two kind of underlines it.

Archived