Max Hunt - Joined Carlisle

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the lad has done well. Would be good to get him a loan until the end of the season now to see how he progresses. Worth bearing in mind what Mel said the other week about the development of centre halves mind - it can take longer than other positions, so I wouldn’t be expecting him in the first team just yet. Could be another couple of seasons before he’s ready if he ever is, so signing a centre back is still a priority.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like the lad has done well. Would be good to get him a loan until the end of the season now to see how he progresses. Worth bearing in mind what Mel said the other week about the development of centre halves mind - it can take longer than other positions, so I wouldn’t be expecting him in the first team just yet. Could be another couple of seasons before he’s ready if he ever is, so signing a centre back is still a priority.

Leicester are looking for a defender.

I'm not sure Cocu and his coaches have had a chance to look at him and work with him? Maybe they would like to do that. After all Bird, Knight and Sibley haven't been out on loan and they are doing well. Perhaps half a season out on loan is all thats needed for Max at this stage, playing lump it and head it lower division football and its time to get him back here training with better players  

Good move for him. Decent level.

Not the best CB among our U23s; which isn't a great status to have as our CBs aren't great at youth level. 

Good stature and can hit a nice long pass; he really stood out in his first games after joining but became the player making mistakes, and was just often less solid than others.

I did like him though and hoped he developed. A shame; but not a shocking decision.

Archived