Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
86 Schmokes & a Pancake

MMA - Conor McGregor Hang Your Head In Shame

Recommended Posts

The attention seeking gimp that is Conor McGregor is once again in the news, this time for attempting (and failing miserably) to knock a pensioner off his bar stool with the cheapest of cheap shots. I mean the old boy literally was not even looking at him when McGregor throws a left hand ritght onto his jaw. After Khabib ruthlessly dismantled old motormouth I was hopeful that'd be the last we'd hear of him. Alas not. First we get the Mayweather fiasco 'fight', now this. When's the man going to grow up?

Predictably, folk are giving McGregor a bit of a hard time over it and the ever philosophic McGregor, whilst being superficially apologetic, has cracked this absolute pearler of a comment:

"People are trying to bait me into things. Am I the fish or am I the whale? I must be calm, I must be zen. I must lead by example."

You're not a fish Conor, nor a whale, you're just a massive ****!

Full story and video here - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9781557/conor-mcgregor-video-punch-dublin-pub-apology/

Share this post


Link to post

You say the victim was "a pensioner"

"The article's headline describes the victim of being "elderly".

The article later goes on to name him, and states he is 50 years old... FIFTY, FFS!

He ain't elderly!  He ain't a pensioner!  I wish you'd all just eff off!

 

Disgruntled 56 year old.
Derby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You say the victim was "a pensioner"

"The article's headline describes the victim of being "elderly".

The article later goes on to name him, and states he is 50 years old... FIFTY, FFS!

He ain't elderly!  He ain't a pensioner!  I wish you'd all just eff off!

 

Disgruntled 56 year old.
Derby.

 

Did one of your grandkids post this for you old timer?

Share this post


Link to post

Back in action against Cowboy this weekend. On paper looks teed up for McGregor by TKO in either the 1st or 2nd.  Really like Cerrone so interested to see how it goes. Intrigued to which McGregor turns up, the young hungry fighter who beat Aldo or the maniac who trashed buses in the build up to the Khabib fight.

Abysmal undercard though

Edited by Gap tooth ram
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

Abysmal undercard though

And £20 to buy the event, close to being done with both BT Sport and Sky Sports and getting rid

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, David said:

And £20 to buy the event, close to being done with both BT Sport and Sky Sports and getting rid

Don't you watch a lot of sport?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, David said:

Yeah, but just annoys me you pay your monthly subscriptions then....sorry no that’s another £20 if you want to watch this programme. 

Yeah but if you haven't got access to sports you'll end up watching I'm a Xfactor Masked Singer Strictly Dancing On Love Island Get Me Out Of Here with the missus. 

I only have sports on the tablet but it rescues me from Phil Mitchell and Co a couple of times per week

You'll miss it

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah but if you haven't got access to sports you'll end up watching I'm a Xfactor Masked Singer Strictly Dancing On Love Island Get Me Out Of Here with the missus. 

I only have sports on the tablet but it rescues me from Phil Mitchell and Co a couple of times per week

You'll miss it

I would, but it stinks. Bring back the old Sky Sports days.

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone will be hyping up Conor after tonight, but it is misguided.

Cerrone was just cashing in after a long career. He is only 36, but his body has been through the ringer. He is well known for not taking care of himself and not being sensible. His body has clocked up some mileage and taken a lot of punishment over the years.

He was never a threat to Conor. The reason this fight was set up is because Cerrone is familiar to casuals for being a game and entertaining fighter. However, anyone with even a passing interest in the sport knew Cerrone was carefully handpicked to make Conor look good.

Cerrone is notorious for not showing up in big fights, and is arguably five years past his prime. Bask in Conor's performance, but he's not back. He will still get pulverised by anyone actually relevant in the lightweight and welterweight divisions.

Share this post


Link to post

All the fights that are being talked about don't end well for Conor. Usman is just a straight no. Bigger stronger wrestler than Khabib and much better stand-up. Looses inside 2.

Masvidal. Has superb cardio and is a dog. Can take shots and give them with interest. Basically a harder Nate Diaz. Only chance would be to make the fight at 155. TKO in the 4th for Masvidal.

Khabib.  See the first for how this could go. I do however think Conor can catch Khabib and he been stunned on the one occasion caught previously. Think this would be more competitive than the 1st.  Tough to cal but would still go Khabib by submission.

Gaejthe.  A terrible match up. Takes shots better than anyone in the division and has KO power. Gaejthe by stoppage in the 3rd.

Maywether. No, just no.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

All the fights that are being talked about don't end well for Conor. Usman is just a straight no. Bigger stronger wrestler than Khabib and much better stand-up. Looses inside 2.

Masvidal. Has superb cardio and is a dog. Can take shots and give them with interest. Basically a harder Nate Diaz. Only chance would be to make the fight at 155. TKO in the 4th for Masvidal.

Khabib.  See the first for how this could go. I do however think Conor can catch Khabib and he been stunned on the one occasion caught previously. Think this would be more competitive than the 1st.  Tough to cal but would still go Khabib by submission.

Gaejthe.  A terrible match up. Takes shots better than anyone in the division and has KO power. Gaejthe by stoppage in the 3rd.

Maywether. No, just no.

I think Conor has two options.

1) Masvidal. His stock is the highest it's ever been. He scored three consecutive stoppages in the last calendar year. He won the 'BMF' belt and beat Nate Diaz more convincingly than McGregor did. He is tough, proud, aggressive, hits hard and he is a tidy boxer as far as mixed martial artists go. Their styles make for a fan friendly fight and the build up would be entertaining. I think Jorge would bring the best out of Conor. 

Usman, Covington, Woodley and Edwards all offer too much risk versus reward. They don't have the fighting style or indeed the profile Conor needs to make it worth his while. Masvidal at least has some name value.

2) The winner of Khabib v Tony Ferguson. I don't think Conor deserves an instant rematch vs Khabib. He was completely outclassed and I don't think a win over Cerrone elevates him to next in line. But he could fight the winner and there would be plenty of buzz.

Gaethje should rematch Poirier so we can gauge his recent development. A fight with Conor would be too much too soon for him.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

All the fights that are being talked about don't end well for Conor. Usman is just a straight no. Bigger stronger wrestler than Khabib and much better stand-up. Looses inside 2.

Masvidal. Has superb cardio and is a dog. Can take shots and give them with interest. Basically a harder Nate Diaz. Only chance would be to make the fight at 155. TKO in the 4th for Masvidal.

Khabib.  See the first for how this could go. I do however think Conor can catch Khabib and he been stunned on the one occasion caught previously. Think this would be more competitive than the 1st.  Tough to cal but would still go Khabib by submission.

Gaejthe.  A terrible match up. Takes shots better than anyone in the division and has KO power. Gaejthe by stoppage in the 3rd.

Maywether. No, just no.

Usman isn't a better wrestler than Khabib. H'es probably not even in the same ball park as him in that sense. Still a very tough fight though as you said. 

Masvidal looks a changed man but someone who's been beaten several times. I'd give him an Conor and equal say in the standup. 

He could legitimately win either of those fights IMO. 

Khabib will always be the toughest one for me. Conor should hope Tony pulls off an upset and then take that fight for the LWT title. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Usman isn't a better wrestler than Khabib. H'es probably not even in the same ball park as him in that sense. Still a very tough fight though as you said. 

Masvidal looks a changed man but someone who's been beaten several times. I'd give him an Conor and equal say in the standup. 

He could legitimately win either of those fights IMO. 

Khabib will always be the toughest one for me. Conor should hope Tony pulls off an upset and then take that fight for the LWT title. 

Your right that Khabib is a better wrestler, was more referring to the fact that Usman is physically even bigger and an elite level grappled.

Ferguson would be a great fight for McGregor and would fancy him in that. Ferguson has been dropped by people with way less punching power than McGregor.

Share this post


Link to post

Will be either Khabib or Diaz rematch, which he will lose, go missing for months before the promo for a rematch against Mayweather.

Probably follow Ronda Rousey then into acting with the WWE or F, whatever they call it these days.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, David said:

Will be either Khabib or Diaz rematch, which he will lose, go missing for months before the promo for a rematch against Mayweather.

Probably follow Ronda Rousey then into acting with the WWE or F, whatever they call it these days.

he won't go into WWE, he's got beef with them.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Squid said:

he won't go into WWE, he's got beef with them.

More reason to then, isn’t that what the nonsense is created around?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.