U23s v Alfreton Town

angieram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4 goals in 3 games now... all penalties ?

Not just all penalties, all penalties that he has won! 

I bet he's gonna get to the scrutiny of senior football and we're all gonna discover he's just quite adept at diving ? The fouls in the last game looked soft.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4 goals in 3 games now... all penalties ?

Are we absolutely sure that Chris Martin hasn’t just put a wig on and obtained a fake birth certificate in an attempt to sneak back into the first team via the under 23s. 

Decent result to get a draw at a senior side, they’re obviously developing well physically which is good news at their age level. Trialist striker could be the new CM with all these fouls being won? Interesting to see if any are good enough to impress and earn a move.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Decent result to get a draw at a senior side, they’re obviously developing well physically which is good news at their age level. Trialist striker could be the new CM with all these fouls being won? Interesting to see if any are good enough to impress and earn a move.

I was poo and played at Alfretons level (and above) when they were much better than now. I wouldn't read anything into todays result.

23 minutes ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

I was poo and played at Alfretons level (and above) when they were much better than now. I wouldn't read anything into todays result.

Still physical though, despite being poo. That’s more the point than anything, I’m sure the young lads are more skilled or we would be in trouble! It’s the physical side of things that sometimes stops youngsters stepping up

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still physical though, despite being poo. That’s more the point than anything, I’m sure the young lads are more skilled or we would be in trouble! It’s the physical side of things that sometimes stops youngsters stepping up

Not when you're playing against that level tho

From my experience it doesn't matter about your physicality when the opposition is so much technically better. You have to get near them to bully them. 

Always a step ahead. Know where the pass after the next pass is going. Streets ahead of us that think we could play a bit back in the day.

Thought I was ok once. Had my eyes opened at 24 years old playing a Leicester team who were all double my age and I was playing the  equivalent of conference north at the time.

Its a different game when you're a butcher or a baker ( do they still have candlestick makers)

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

All our best U23 players were at the Pirelli yesterday too.

Archived