Proud

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Mel Morris here.

I watched yesterday's final and saw the Sunderland chairman stand there, not shake people's hands and actually shout at his own wife for clapping the trophy presentation.

Contrast that with Mel's reaction today.

There is a way to lose and to lose with class is the right way to do it. Mel has just gone up in my estimations hugely.

Hat's off. I'm gutted for him and for you lot.

Aye - Too many can't cope with defeat and need to blame someone, we need to suck it up. Club's on the up again, Lampard has a season of experience, loads of players of the books in the summer next season will be joyous, I can feel it ?

40 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Wasnt a lot on display today to be proud of IMO.

Perhaps not, but the season isn't just one game, no matter how important that game is! I feel like dog ? at the moment,  but I can still feel pride in how the whole club has performed, on and off the field.

We all need to realise how far we have come. Last season we were watching poor football under rowett. Then stoke did us a massive favour. Frank Lampard has given us a fantastic season and hopefully he will be here next season.

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Roos hasn’t signed and after today let him leave. League two keeper at best 

I'm not so sure about Roos. Not regarding todays howler, but just not yet convinced. However, he has been at the club a while, so I guess the coaching staff see something worth persisting with.

Thing is decent keepers are expensive and we don't have much of a transfer budget moving forward. 

Archived