Eurovision 2019

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

We have a Eurovision party every year, love it.  We choose 3-4 countries and make the food and drink relevant to them, where possible.  This year kangaroo steaks are one item on the menu. In case you are interested https://www.onlinebutcher.co.uk/exotic-meats/2-kangaroo-fillet-steaks-250g

I have threatened to do this every year but my fiancée and her family have no interest in Eurovision - grounds for pre-wedding divorce?

13 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It's like our permanent seat on the UN security council. A free pass based on past glories (and some cash).

Only in this case our past glories are based on tambourines and a chorus of la-la-las, rather than hard nosed conquest and a healthy dose of colonisation ?

Free pass is based on viewing figures alone I'm imagine.  The organizers don't want a large chunks of their potential audience dumped out at the semi-final stage, so Germany, UK, France..and I don't know who else will get through.  I'm glad football doesn't quite work like that...yet.

Nothing to do with the tambourines regrettably.

24 minutes ago, mastah said:

Just watched it now - Piers Morgan being a prize twunt as usual.

Just keeping in character i suppose, after all, the news media has much more in common with show business than factual reporting

18 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I've assumed the couch position for the kitsch fest.

It looks more like a Pride event every year......?

Anyone doing a party?

If by party you mean am I sitting with my mum "watching" it then yes....? 

17 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Wtf is one half of right said Fred doing representing San Marino thank God for brexit non of this crap next year.

Brexit is leaving the EU.....We will still be part of Europe.... so will still have Eurovision due to the BBC having European broadcasting rights or something like that....

Archived