PMSL, we need this guy commentating on Saturday

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

8 minutes ago, David said:

Over 70% of visitors to this forum use iOS devices

Those market share numbers are international.

The UK is a majority iOS market (58% to 42% android) along with US, Canada, Australia and a couple others. Basically every other country is an android majority, hence those international numbers looking so one-sided.

iOS is on the decline everywhere though. You apple folks need to revitalise popularity! ? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Finally this “commentary” is created using text to speech

https://ttsreader.com/

Don't think it’s Siri.

@Srg has a mate who a few years back ran a YouTube gaming channel using this text to speech to commentate over gameplay.

This was probably 5+ years ago now. 

He's still rocking 11,000 YouTube subscribers despite barely putting a video out in the past 7 years. Some of the originals, whilst a little childish (given we would've been 19/20 at the time), are still hilarious.

For those interested... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT6jK4W9tmH6roYmH2B8EKA

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The UK is a majority iOS market (58% to 42% android) along with US, Canada, Australia and a couple others. Basically every other country is an android majority, hence those international numbers looking so one-sided.

iOS is on the decline everywhere though. You apple folks need to revitalise popularity! ? 

You know why Android phone sales are on the rise? Because people keep sending them back and having to buy new ones. 

I know this because I have sat in front of me maybe the 5th Android phone now in the last 18 months. It’s also the 2nd S10, their latest model!

Only reason I have it is to fix any issues to ensure the 30% can use the forum, and 10% of that dare give me stick for using the far superior iPhone having not even tried one!

Not like I even use it much, from failing to turn back on, screen pixels dying, battery issues, on flagship devices from Google and Samsung they have been a disaster. 

Do you know how many iPhones have broke on me? Not one.

Buy cheap, buy twice. Unless it’s Duane Holmes.

6CCCB361-7286-4D64-BB24-6394E574A946.jpeg

Kudos for buying an S10 just for that purpose @David ? 

Tbh I care very little what operating system my phone/tablets have, the only reason I buy android is because it integrates nicely with the document control systems that we use at work.
I have an S... 9? Maybe. I don't remember. I just upgrade my phone every 3-4 years.
The vast majority of my time I'm on my home or work PC - I very rarely access this website on my mobile.

Counterpoint to you though, I've never had a phone (or tablet) break on me in my life. That includes one iPhone, but the phones after that have all been android. Before that, they weren't smartphones so it's irrelevant but I still have them at home and they still work! ? 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Look at David biting.

It’s my weak spot, not going to lie. 

I just want the world to enjoy the Internet in the best possible way, and Apple produce the devices that will provide that.

Most have moved off Internet Explorer now which is fantastic news, next is migrating Android users to Apple and we can all look forward to a better internet.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

When I say Siri, I’m generalising. It’s a generic robot voice inbuilt into a phone or, as David says, a text reader. What even is the android version of Siri?

Changes based on the company.

Google it's just Google. Then there's Alexa. Samsung has... *checks phone* Bixby. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

It’s my weak spot, not going to lie. 

I just want the world to enjoy the Internet in the best possible way, and Apple produce the devices that will provide that.

Most have moved off Internet Explorer now which is fantastic news, next is migrating Android users to Apple and we can all look forward to a better internet.

If the two people in the office who use apple computers didn't constantly have aneurysms trying to do basic office work, I'd consider it - but unfortunately there's more to computers, phones and tablets than just browsing the internet. 
Also, gaming on an apple device is a barren reality as well ? 

I do agree though, just in the context of using the internet, I've always enjoyed doing it on apple products more. I assume that's down to the OS. Every other experience has been worse, for me.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If the two people in the office who use apple computers didn't constantly have aneurysms trying to do basic office work, I'd consider it - but unfortunately there's more to computers, phones and tablets than just browsing the internet. 
Also, gaming on an apple device is a barren reality as well ? 

I do agree though, just in the context of using the internet, I've always enjoyed doing it on apple products more. I assume that's down to the OS. Every other experience has been worse, for me.

I want to reply to this but after Alpha has revealed my gnashers on show in this topic, also realising I’ve gone way off topic that I will bump into InverurieRam if I continue I won’t. Hit me up in The Pub though if you want to continue this.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Not sure where you plucked that 58/42 from Saint. Of course I was using the global figure but in the UK it's pretty much 50/50 though with all the 2019 numbers I've seen showing android slightly ahead. Even here. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not sure where you plucked that 58/42 from Saint. Of course I was using the global figure but in the UK it's pretty much 50/50 though with all the 2019 numbers I've seen showing android slightly ahead. Even here. 

I got it from the same source as the guy who's tweet you linked (which should be your source too if you want to maintain consistency). He shares it to a comment on his tweet. 

https://deviceatlas.com/device-data/explorer/webusage-by-country/traffic/no-tablet/country/gb/type/os_name

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I got it from the same source as the guy who's tweet you linked (which should be your source too if you want to maintain consistency). He shares it to a comment on his tweet. 

https://deviceatlas.com/device-data/explorer/webusage-by-country/traffic/no-tablet/country/gb/type/os_name

Touché! Though they're clearly an outlier in terms of their UK data. Most give the 50/50 figure which I guess comes from the same base data. WPP's user panel has UK 64% android. 

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Touché! Though they're clearly an outlier in terms of their UK data. Most give the 50/50 figure which I guess comes from the same base data. WPP's user panel has UK 64% android. 

The I’ll keep searching stats until I find one that I like....?

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Ouch! SaintGeek just owned SpaceGeek! Feel the burn @Carl Sagan...

This battle is getting exciting!

28 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ouch! SaintGeek just owned SpaceGeek! Feel the burn @Carl Sagan...

This battle is getting exciting!

Think I'm more on the nerd side of things than the geek ? 

And on the battle, I hope Android and iOS destroy each other and get replaced by one mobile operating system that I inexplicably have shares in. Even if it's inferior to both.

Archived