Recent Forum Downtime

Day

Apologies for the downtime and the timing, I would have liked to have pre warned you all but I have been the middle man between software and server support teams that work on different time zones trying to figure out a database issue that is throwing up errors, some of you I can see will have seen them.

Whilst they were nothing major I wanted to get them looked at before tomorrow nights game.

Funny enough it's the man in the middle who actually solved the issue, so much for the experts, you're lucky you have someone that's not only good looking but so incredibly intelligent at the helm, that's all I'm saying.

I'm hoping (touch wood) this is the last of the downtime now as the work has been completed...although this is a server, they have a mind of their own so no promises just yet.

If you do spot any funky looking errors please let me know.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff I’ve noticed...On my profile, the community reputation is now an olive green, my profile picture shows but disappears if I scroll down and when I scroll back up just a blank black space has replaced my profile picture.

Lastly, warning points from a regrettable incident in September 2015 have disappeared, (didn’t know whether to confess this as the constant reminder vexes me) 

That is all.

Sith Happens

Ive noticed there has been no posts blaming keogh for something since the forum came back up, i assume its a glitch of some sort 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Stuff I’ve noticed...On my profile, the community reputation is now an olive green, my profile picture shows but disappears if I scroll down and when I scroll back up just a blank black space has replaced my profile picture.

The olive green is my fault, I recently rebuilt the forum theme and that's an area which I missed, after posting this I will change this straight away, who wants green eh?

Your profile picture showing, vanishing again is a software bug with lazy loading that the developers are aware of and will be fixed in the next maintenance release. 

Before you ask, lazy loading is where images and embedded content won't load until they are just outside your viewport. This helps the pages that contain multiple YouTube videos or flag pictures for example to load quicker, especially on mobile devices using 3G.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Lastly, warning points from a regrettable incident in September 2015 have disappeared, (didn’t know whether to confess this as the constant reminder vexes me) 

That is all.

Your record is still visible to forum staff, we can see you were a very naughty boy back in 2015, but you will now only be able to see active warnings.

Had a poo day. 

I've had nowt to read all day (on and off!), and then this poxy excuse for an apology.  Hardly grovelling, is it!  I get the impression @David has enjoyed his day off more than he's letting on!

Still, if we all join him in touching wood, maybe we can all end the day with a smile on our faces once more.

1 minute ago, David said:

Your record is still visible to forum staff, we can see you were a very naughty boy back in 2015, but you will now only be able to see active warnings.

Don’t think I don’t regret that incident even now but thank you for removing the reminders. 

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Still jumps up if I scroll to the end quickly.

This is still being worked on and part of why the theme rebuild took place, unfortunately I'm having problems figuring out the cause. Doesn't help it's an intermittent bug.

I did raise a bug report with the software developers, but they cannot replicate to look into. 

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Had a poo day. 

I've had nowt to read all day (on and off!), and then this poxy excuse for an apology.  Hardly grovelling, is it!  I get the impression @David has enjoyed his day off more than he's letting on!

Still, if we all join him in touching wood, maybe we can all end the day with a smile on our faces once more.

I'm not grovelling, not when I've not even had my afternoon nap today because of this. You think you can find a better forum? The logout is at the top right.

get out GIF

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Had a poo day. 

I think you'll find when you review the day, that Richard Keogh made several key mistakes in the build up. Now, I'm no Richard Keogh hater but I hope his dog gets run over then the greif stricken driver realises his mistake and goes back to finish the job.

Archived