Deluded Happyclappers Come Together

Comrade 86

10 minutes ago, David said:

Despite Leeds heavily beating us twice already this season? I'd say our chances of progressing are probably the same as they were last season, and I guess I'm one of those that falls under this "deluded happy clapper" title.

The real “deluded happy clappers” are here all season, every season, it’s why we’re called deluded, they don't come in with 2 games to play and say budge up make room for me having doubted us for weeks.

When things are not going great we are looked down on as clueless fools clapping away with great big grins on our face, absolutely oblivious to the club going down the swanny and heading for a points deduction.

Yet all we were doing is having a bit of belief in the team, the manager, the players and their ability to turn things around. Funny thing is they have. Because these players are not "average at best", they are damn good players that have come through a tough period of injuries which hit us hard.

We could have quite easily lost that today with the chances Bristol City had and the mood could be completely different tonight, don't see it being anymore controlled than Rowett's team was.

But as Wixman said in the match thread, for the last 3 months it’s been nothing but the seasons over, so on nights like this I'd be lying if I wasn't internally thinking of a few and wanting to say stick that up your chuff or run around the living room cupping my ears.

For what it's worth I'm optimistic about our chances in the play offs if we can make it across the line despite the previous results v Leeds, but I felt the same way last year. On our day we can beat anyone in this league, bring em on!

Seeing as you've replied to me directly, I'll take the above post personally.

If you can find a single post I've made that contradicts anything in bold, I'll happily leave the forum at once.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If you can find a single post I've made that contradicts anything in bold, I'll happily leave the forum at once.

I replied to you because you quoted me, I most definitely did not have you in mind with my internal up your chuffs this evening, nor Kash. Just went on and used it as a platform to clear my chest. 

Only a couple I have in mind, but they won't see this because they won't be online. We won. 

The reason this is different from last season's backs to the wall performances is that we probably had the better chances:

- Mount header from beautiful Lawrence cross

- Waghorn intercepting and cross goal shot

- Johnson clean through

- Moumt clean through

- 2 very close offsides

Compared to those, BC had two or three good chances from goal mouth scrambles but otherwise were taking potshots from distance.

39 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

@reveldevil there's no way anyone views you as one of the negatively minded folk on here. I've had blazing rows with all of them so I'd know! I think it was just the sequential thing where a point is made and the reply extends beyond the initial question. Certainly don't think David was referring to you.

We all know who the perennially deluded happy-clappers are (I'm proud to be a founder member of that group!) and equally, we all know those who relentlessly criticise no matter what the turn of events, or simply go missing. I think you're one of the most rational posters on here. Quick to praise when due, not afraid to offer balanced critique when we're poor. I certainly think the forum would be significantly poorer place for your absence which is the point I'm trying clumsily to make.

1 hour ago, David said:

Despite Leeds heavily beating us twice already this season? I'd say our chances of progressing are probably the same as they were last season, and I guess I'm one of those that falls under this "deluded happy clapper" title.

The real “deluded happy clappers” are here all season, every season, it’s why we’re called deluded, they don't come in with 2 games to play and say budge up make room for me having doubted us for weeks.

When things are not going great we are looked down on as clueless fools clapping away with great big grins on our face, absolutely oblivious to the club going down the swanny and heading for a points deduction.

Yet all we were doing is having a bit of belief in the team, the manager, the players and their ability to turn things around. Funny thing is they have. Because these players are not "average at best", they are damn good players that have come through a tough period of injuries which hit us hard.

We could have quite easily lost that today with the chances Bristol City had and the mood could be completely different tonight, didn't see it being anymore controlled than Rowett's team was.

But as Wixman said in the match thread, for the last 3 months it’s been nothing but the seasons over, so on nights like this I'd be lying if I wasn't internally thinking of a few and wanting to say stick that up your chuff or run around the living room cupping my ears.

For what it's worth I'm optimistic about our chances in the play offs if we can make it across the line despite the previous results v Leeds, but I felt the same way last year. On our day we can beat anyone in this league, bring em on!

But we are though..... I love the optimism and I share it..... 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

But we are though..... I love the optimism and I share it..... 

If we were average at best we wouldn't be sat here tonight in 6th with 2 games to go. You don't fluke an entire season. Only 5 teams have been consistently better than us all season so far. Table doesn't lie.

I'm here now, just got back from our cracking win in Brizzle! 

I understand the comments about that being a Rowett style win but the big difference was that we didn’t set out to contain and break - we were always looking to get forward when we could. 

Determination and spirit is so much better than last season - loving it! 

???

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm here now, just got back from our cracking win in Brizzle! 

I understand the comments about that being a Rowett style win but the big difference was that we didn’t set out to contain and break - we were always looking to get forward when we could. 

Determination and spirit is so much better than last season - loving it! 

???

Yep we are never looking to park the bus and nick something

I love life, and I love my club  DCFC, I always remain positive, because to myself that's what fans do, love Frank Lampard, love his positive attitude, let me tell you all now we are going up I say we are going up, bring on Villa in the final, it's going to be a day to remember.

33 minutes ago, 86 points said:

@reveldevil there's no way anyone views you as one of the negatively minded folk on here. I've had blazing rows with all of them so I'd know! I think it was just the sequential thing where a point is made and the reply extends beyond the initial question. Certainly don't think David was referring to you.

We all know who the perennially deluded happy-clappers are (I'm proud to be a founder member of that group!) and equally, we all know those who relentlessly criticise no matter what the turn of events, or simply go missing. I think you're one of the most rational posters on here. Quick to praise when due, not afraid to offer balanced critique when we're poor. I certainly think the forum would be significantly poorer place for your absence which is the point I'm trying clumsily to make.

Thanks. 

A surplus of alcohol was probably to blame for my sharp response, it was just a fookin great win, in the circumstances!

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Thanks. 

A surplus of alcohol was probably to blame for my sharp response, it was just a fookin great win, in the circumstances!

I've been on the water so no excuses, should have been a bit clear that I didn't have you in my sights. In fact I shouldn't have posted it all, but I'm human, I have feelings, it's hard to compress them at times and stay within the terms and conditions I set out. 

26 minutes ago, David said:

If we were average at best we wouldn't be sat here tonight in 6th with 2 games to go. You don't fluke an entire season. Only 5 teams have been consistently better than us all season so far. Table doesn't lie.

Only 2 teams if in the championship next season have been in this division for longer than 10 consecutive seasons.....

Derby and Forest.....

Id say thats average

The table doesn’t lie.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Thanks. 

Surplus alcohol? Pah!

Been laid up for nearly 4 weeks with a back issue but am now on my eighth tin of wife-beater and I can't feel a bloody thing. ?

1 hour ago, David said:

We could have quite easily lost that today with the chances Bristol City had and the mood could be completely different tonight, didn't see it being anymore controlled than Rowett's team was.

Absolutely @David I’m a happy clapper too but this year it feels somewhat different as we have a manager who I consider to be a footballing entrepreneur.  Im a self employed businessman who through hard work, and an element of good fortune, could afford to retire tomorrow but I don’t want to, why because I love seeing the development of my younger members of staff who grow in stature into adults and, with their partners, go onto buy their first house and start a family. It’s very rewarding to see them have a career path. I see Frank as the same, he’s not here for the money, he knows what rewards the game can bring and takes pleasure in bringing on the young professionals and giving them the opportunity to succeed as he has had. I believe the same can be said of Mel too, he’s not investing his personal time & effort for the money either. That’s why it really frustrates me that a certain few on the forum look to criticise and demean Frank & Mel when they don’t need this and could walk away tomorrow. We really don’t know how lucky we are to have these guys in charge and rather than look for problems & conspiracies we should ALL as supporters get behind those at the club, Mel, Frank, the staff, players et al and, if we were to all pull together, as one we could all have the success we desire.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Only 2 teams if in the championship next season have been in this division for longer than 10 consecutive seasons.....

Derby and Forest.....

Id say thats average

The table doesn’t lie.

Your point being? What has the last 9 seasons got to do with Roos, Malone, Tomori, Bogle, Mount, Wilson, Holmes, Waghorn, Lawrence, Bennett, Marriott, Evans?

Teams change and evolve, 10 years ago we had the likes of Nathan Ellington and Robbie Savage, they are not fit to even polish this lots boots.

I'm talking about this team, this season and this lot, they are not average at best.

1 minute ago, David said:

Your point being? What has the last 9 seasons got to do with Roos, Malone, Tomori, Bogle, Mount, Wilson, Holmes, Waghorn, Lawrence, Bennett, Marriott, Evans?

Teams change and evolve, 10 years ago we had the likes of Nathan Ellington and Robbie Savage, they are not fit to even polish this lots boots.

I'm talking about this team, this season and this lot, they are not average at best.

Fair enough I misread apologies 

Archived