Crowd Chuntering

FindernRam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Put them on Ignore. That's the modus operandi of most of the posters on here when they hear something that they don't like or agree with.

If that is what you really believe, why bother posting? I read your posts, but surely if it's as you say, hardly anybody else would.

16 hours ago, FindernRam said:

There's a lot of discussion here about getting on players backs and the possible effect this has on them.

Obviously people are going to comment during the game, partly it's why we are there, and in itself generates the atmosphere good or bad. In an exciting game where your own adrenaline is flowing you will express frustration at a poor decision or pass, whatever. Equally cheer a good bit of play. In  dull game frustration kicks in. Although some individuals are particularly loud in the main its a collective thing.

Yesterday was a prime example to me. for the first time there was no collective groan when Lawrence had the ball. Tons of cheers for Mount and Waggy. Frustration over Wilson (although he was getting kicked to death). didn't hear anything bad about Bryson after first 10 minutes (which seemed to be a reaction to the Blackburn game).

But some total idiot behind actually booed a Keogh sideways pass when we were 4 up!

Heck we all see the game differently and crowd noise is democracy in action!

After 35 minutes on Saturday my mate pointed to the East stand and said "where are going with 10 minutes till halftime" as about 20 people walked down the stairs, I said that hopefully they were some of the moaning gets and they were going home.

But there was a prat behind us moaning about Bryson, he shut up for about 5 minutes after the goal and then started again before getting some stick off others.

16 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Heard people getting on bryson back saying he should never play for derby again really does my head in.

This. It's a shame that as a player gets older and past his peak, people forget what theyve done for the club. Bryson has showed loyalty and passion ever since he signed. If he doesn't get a new contract, which I dont think he will now, then I hope he gets a great reception last game of the season. 

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Bryson has a cheek cupping his ears at Derby fans. 

Did he know how he played at Blackburn 

Do you think he was the worst player on the pitch? Only Keogh and Bogle came out of the game with any credit in my opinion, but do you think Wilson or Mount would recieve the same amount of crap Bryson has?

11 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Do you think he was the worst player on the pitch? Only Keogh and Bogle came out of the game with any credit in my opinion, but do you think Wilson or Mount would recieve the same amount of crap Bryson has?

Bryson has been a good servant  to Derby County but the fans don’t deserve ear cupping. 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Bryson has been a good servant  to Derby County but the fans don’t deserve ear cupping. 

Why, what makes us so special that we can freely slag players, be it online or at the ground and expect no response? 

Some football fans are big and brave behind a keyboard or hidden in a crowd, but wouldn't say it to the players face outside the ground and then get all mardy when somebody cups a hand to their ear.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Why, what makes us so special that we can freely slag players, be it online or at the ground and expect no response? 

Some football fans are big and brave behind a keyboard or hidden in a crowd, but wouldn't say it to the players face outside the ground and then get all mardy when somebody cups a hand to their ear.

Oh dear.  

Would they want that I don’t think so. 

Bryson has been average this season. 

Like I say play behind closed doors 

22 hours ago, FindernRam said:

There's a lot of discussion here about getting on players backs and the possible effect this has on them.

Obviously people are going to comment during the game, partly it's why we are there, and in itself generates the atmosphere good or bad. In an exciting game where your own adrenaline is flowing you will express frustration at a poor decision or pass, whatever. Equally cheer a good bit of play. In  dull game frustration kicks in. Although some individuals are particularly loud in the main its a collective thing.

So - There's an interesting thought here for me - I personally think our travelling support is immensely more supportive/positive (because there are less people so everyone feels the need to be extra supportive I always think) than our home support yet:

Home only table - 5th (no-one in the league has lost fewer home games than us)

Away only table - 11th

Mind you - We're not as bad as Brentford - 4th at home - 21st (4th from bottom) away

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

I remember years ago (long before social media) I was watching a charity cricket match between my home team (Castle Donington) and a guest XI, which included Les Green and Alan Hinton. (Can't remember the exact year.) There was only about a dozen or so people watching. From the boundary, when Hinton went into bat, I shouted, 'Hit it with your handbag Gladys!'. He promptly marched from the crease, came across and roundly remonstrated with me. Clearly, his nickname must have got to him. He finished by poking his finger at my face and said, 'You think you are safe giving it out in a crowd, but now I'm stood next to you, you're not so brave, are you?' I was really upset because he was actually one of my favourite players! We forget how fans' reactions can get to the players.

Archived