The three problems for me

Uptherams

We aren't fluid enough right now. People not getting into the right positions, moving the ball quickly enough, and are playing  on their heels not toes. 

Quality of our passing. Too many casual short passes that go into no mans land or straight into the oppositions feet or passes that they can't expect the receiver to do anything, absolutely anything with other than lose. 

Multiple players congregating in very small spaces then losing possession or not gaining it. You have to retain the ball or win it back asap with this approach. Otherwise you leave too much space for the opposition and just two passes later they are at the edge of our box. 

We are trying to play good football and it's not clicking at the moment. It's a long process, especially in the Championship when your players aren't as good. It has happened overnight for the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Man City. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, both full backs for weeks now have been too flat footed, both letting the ball go to oppositions feet unchallenged. Bogle did it constantly yesterday, loose ball but did t pressure the opposing player, massive problem those two positions. 

Goong forward we are fluid but the last bit isn’t coming off, that will just click in all fairness but it’s the back and midfield that worries me

Teams are marking us out of games just staying tight to us, completely nullifies our whole game plan. There are times where we just need to flight a ball in to the front man to turn teams around but instead we play ridiculous passes and lose the ball. Frank needs to switch it up or the season will continue to downward trend now teams have worked out how to play us. All this is outside the poor form of some players obviously.

We are just not good enough, I think fans are expecting too much.

Take away the loan players and we would no doubt be mid table.

We are playing better footie than last season [the ball isnt in the air too often], but performances are still hit and miss but this is probably because some sides are just much better than us. Leeds, Villa, Sheff Utd and Norwich I think those games highlighted how poor and ordinary we can be at times.

On 26/12/2018 at 23:58, Uptherams said:

We aren't fluid enough right now. People not getting into the right positions, moving the ball quickly enough, and are playing  on their heels not toes. 

Quality of our passing. Too many casual short passes that go into no mans land or straight into the oppositions feet or passes that they can't expect the receiver to do anything, absolutely anything with other than lose. 

Multiple players congregating in very small spaces then losing possession or not gaining it. You have to retain the ball or win it back asap with this approach. Otherwise you leave too much space for the opposition and just two passes later they are at the edge of our box. 

We are trying to play good football and it's not clicking at the moment. It's a long process, especially in the Championship when your players aren't as good. It has happened overnight for the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Man City. 

You hit the nail on the head straight away... we are to slow, we let teams get back into shape 

Archived