England v Croatia

froggg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno about everyone else but this actually feels like an important match today... actually quite nervous. For all the piss taking of uefa I think they’ve actually done a good job here of making internationals outside tournaments more meaningful. Maybe it’s just the retoration in faith for England over the summer but this almost feel like a European championship group stage game to me..

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Dunno about everyone else but this actually feels like an important match today... actually quite nervous. For all the piss taking of uefa I think they’ve actually done a good job here of making internationals outside tournaments more meaningful. Maybe it’s just the retoration in faith for England over the summer but this almost feel like a European championship group stage game to me..

Saying that I’ve just seen I’ve got to watch Fabian delph and Eric dier play

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So frustrating that, created some great chances but much like the World Cup not clinical enough when we are on top. Fear we’ll get desperate now and regret it like before but hope I’m wrong. Delph and stones have been excellent, rashford less so

And regret it we do. 1-0 Croatia, that’s what happens when you’re clinical.

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What we deserved, can I be controversial and say it’s time Harry Kane was taken off! He’s been less than useless again. This generations John Barnes ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Really?  I would have given that particular monicker to Sterling.... Centre forwards like Kane often appear to be doing little and then pop up with a goal.  Sterling seems to flatter to deceive in most England games.  

Footy is a game of opinions, mind!

Archived