England v Croatia

froggg

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, crap makes it harder for the other 10. Dier wasn't worth his place.

So pleased you don't feel the need to follow the herd. Make me wonder why you bother exchanging your precious thoughts with us herd-dwellers, thanks though.

My pleasure. 

I am just feeling positive after the result and don’t feel the need to scapegoat. I’ll leave that to those who don’t want to feel the joy. 

It’s a team game. Team responsibility and team glory. Other people’s ratings don’t bother me. I watched a game where Harry Kane was the official man-of the match but I’d be surprised if he was top of many people’s list. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

My pleasure. 

I am just feeling positive after the result and don’t feel the need to scapegoat. I’ll leave that to those who don’t want to feel the joy. 

It’s a team game. Team responsibility and team glory. Other people’s ratings don’t bother me. I watched a game where Harry Kane was the official man-of the match but I’d be surprised if he was top of many people’s list. 

I'm feeling positive too - if you'd bothered to read the whole of my post. Don't worry though I can see you pick and choose what to take notice of.

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

My pleasure. 

I thought he did Ok personally. It was a pretty decent performance all-round, especially having given up a lead wildly against the run of play. I think you've every right to feel positive about the overall performance against a tricky side, the likes of which we've seen frustrate us many, many times. Onwards and upwards I reckon! 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm feeling positive too - if you'd bothered to read the whole of my post. Don't worry though I can see you pick and choose what to take notice of.

Oh I read it. I was quite surprised it was so positive for so long - one word in fact (‘fine’). Not sure how much of ‘Dier was crap’ might be construed as positive. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Oh I read it. I was quite surprised it was so positive for so long - one word in fact (‘fine’). Not sure how much of ‘Dier was crap’ might be construed as positive. 

None. It was a point made in reply to another post. 

I'm surprised you bothered to read it, you don't let any of it affect your pov. ?

17 hours ago, 86 points said:

UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE - pointless competition really. Just more friendlies dressed up as meaningful match-ups. What a fab tournament. Top of our group and deffo back mixing it with the big boys now.

Think your original post was more accurate. What mickey mouse competition rewards a no score bore draw with promotion and an exciting score draw with relegation. 

So yet again our top players get little rest in the summer and we have to suffer winter breaks for our clubs because there's too much football!

19 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Think your original post was more accurate. What mickey mouse competition rewards a no score bore draw with promotion and an exciting score draw with relegation. 

So yet again our top players get little rest in the summer and we have to suffer winter breaks for our clubs because there's too much football!

It does not 'reward' the no-score with promotion. A score draw yesterday would have relegated us because we failed to score in Croatia. The head-to-head results would have favoured Croatia because scoring a goal away from home is more difficult and so valued more.

There will be two games in the summer where there would ordinarily have been qualifiers.

On 20/11/2018 at 13:14, David said:

1st June, Champions League Final

5th - 9th June, Nations League Finals

Whilst this tournament has been a success, they could have scheduled it better. 

Probably conscious of players needing a rest, earlier games, longer to recover.

It's the first time, outside a major finals, that I've sat down to watch, and was totally engrossed by an England game in years.  Regardless of the result, I'd say it's been a worthwhile exercise.

One thing I still can't stand though... THE DUCKIN' ENGLAND BAND!!!  JUST STFU ALREADY!!!

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It's the first time, outside a major finals, that I've sat down to watch, and was totally engrossed by an England game in years.  Regardless of the result, I'd say it's been a worthwhile exercise.

One thing I still can't stand though... THE DUCKIN' ENGLAND BAND!!!  JUST STFU ALREADY!!!

Hope you’re not going tomorrow if you hate them that much... they’re wendies

12 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

They were behind me for the Spain & Croatia game. The constant rendition of Atomic Kitten was really annoying.

On 23/11/2018 at 11:13, ramsbottom said:

Not everyone's cup of tea but personally I don't mind them. 

It's always going to be hard to create an atmosphere at international matches due to the limited number of songs so at times it takes the band to get the fans going.

It's a bit like the South Stand situation where the people actually trying to do something to create an atmosphere are the ones that come in from the most criticism by people sat there doing nothing.

Archived