England v Croatia

froggg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lingard channelled his inner Dave Nugent to finish from a yard out.

Deserved the win for sure. Bar about 5 minutes, Croatia looked distinctly average.

Can't believe the stick Sterling gets.

Rashford impressed before he got a knock.

Delph excellent first half.

Chilwell didn't look great if we're looking for a scapegoat, but was 5 or 6/10.

Good job Kane scored because he was anonymous until then. Don't like him playing as this false number 10 he seems to have decided he is for England and Tottenham.

If it lost the qualifying for the Euro's element, this Nations League lark would almost start to make sense.

Good to stick one over the Croats.

18 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't even know this was on until 5 mins ago. So there's summat riding on these games then? The Nations League is actually a thing? Is there a trophy?

Yes, what just happened? Did we just win the World Cup? Will this day go down in history? It all seemed very exciting, but I don’t really understand what just happened?

Well play the finals next year? The finals of what? Or did we just qualify for the European championship? Does that mean that Spain and Croatia haven’t?

You can tell by the reaction at full-time that the introduction of this competition was a good move by FIFA. It's mostly replaced pointless friendlies, and made the games more competitive. Football is always better when there's something riding on it.

There looked like there was a good atmosphere, the players were celebrating and hugging on the pitch, one Croatia player looked distraught. It also gives the players something to look forward to. With 13 minutes to play we were going down to Group B, now we're going to Portugal next summer for the chance to win the whole thing. It's not a prestigious achievement, but the chance to win anything is a good opportunity to give these players some experience in winning.

Give me games like today over exhibition games against the likes of USA any day.

When Southgate was appointed I honestly thought it was a joke.

Bloody hell I'm so glad I'm just another armchair fan who thinks he knows more than he does.

Gareth has been brilliant and it's not just cos we've topped the group.

He's refreshing, he's got us playing a style of football most of ushave never seen England play.

He's bringing through youth every chance he gets and he's really got a sense of togetherness building.

It's the first time in years I've been interested enough to change plans to make sure I'm in to watch the match. He's got me liking international football again at a time I'd long since give up.

Fair play and thanks!!

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Bloody hell I'm so glad I'm just another armchair fan who thinks he knows more than he does.

He's refreshing, he's got us playing a style of football most of ushave never seen England play.

He's bringing through youth every chance he gets and he's really got a sense of togetherness building.

It's the first time in years I've been interested enough to change plans to make sure I'm in to watch the match. He's got me liking international football again at a time I'd long since give up.

Fair play and thanks!!

I thought at the time he was a good appointment and I was right.

First time for everything. 

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

?

82A3CDA3-5941-420C-8DC2-57283E8A2AAC.png

Surely hiw whole foot would have to be over the line.

Any part of his foot touching or behind the line and it's fine.

I'm not a well paid expert so shouldn't be expected to know the rules in and out.

The fellas on sky though, surely they should know better.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-15---the-throw-in

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Surely hiw whole foot would have to be over the line.

Any part of his foot touching or behind the line and it's fine.

I'm not a well paid expert so shouldn't be expected to know the rules in and out.

The fellas on sky though, surely they should know better.

Indeed. If only there was a way to quickly access information such as the laws of the game.

40 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Fair play and thanks!!

Spot on Ronnie, completely agree with all of that.

Archived