Bolton away A50 closure

Derbyram1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, S Hunter said:

Does everybody go by road these days?  Trains in my day.  Northern Rail RMT are striking so there mightn't be any local service to the ground.  Cheers Failing Grayling! 

Have posted elsewhere S Hunter, buses replacing trains on that route, weekends, long overrunning engineering work, Mel might be going by helicopter...... could be best option ?

23 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

This is the official diversion info from Staffs County Council and the Highways Agency,

The diversion route will be the same for vehicles travelling in both directions. From the East, traffic will be diverted northwards from the A50 at Uttoxeter on to the B5030 for a few hundred yards to the roundabout with the A518. Traffic will turn right there, cross back over the A50 along The Dove Way and continue on the A518 clockwise around Uttoxeter and follow the road towards Stafford. Vehicles will then follow the A51 and A34 towards Stoke-on-Trent, before joining the A500 and then the A50 to Blythe Bridge. The route is reversed from the West.

Ignore that, its bloody miles round the Wrekin!

Follow the first bit onto the B5030 but then turn first left signed Spath, Stramshall.

Follow the road up through the village of Stramshall admiring the medieval church on the right and back down to the A522 with extensive views of two JCB factories opposite, turn right for Tean, Cheadle. 

In Tean follow Blythe Bridge signs and this will bring you to the A50 a mile or so before Meir Tunnel and through the picturesque concrete canyons of the Potteries, 

No more than 10-15 minutes longer than the normal route.

Stuck in heavy traffic on this route lol 

22 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I will be taking the A27 and then the A3057.

but then I am going into Southampton             ?

The wife is in Southampton. She will stand out. 18st of attitude and loads of shopping bags that are and look expensive. She is with her mates so tattooed women and body piercings should also identify them. 

Lucky you were all not going to Portsmouth. 

Anyway the route to Bolton is easy. M25, M40, M42, M6 bosh. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The wife is in Southampton. She will stand out. 18st of attitude and loads of shopping bags that are and look expensive. She is with her mates so tattooed women and body piercings should also identify them. 

Lucky you were all not going to Portsmouth. 

Anyway the route to Bolton is easy. M25, M40, M42, M6 bosh. 

She'll have been in the west Quay centre and I was there. Trust me she wouldn't stand out from that description. Overhead the following conversation between 2 posh sounding ladies. 

"So Jane,  have you booked any holidays? "

"Well no, I haven't been bothered to yet"

"Well I suppose you haven't, being so early."

"I mean I could have booked something for skiing. But then I wouldn't go as I don't enjoy skiing. "

"Well quite....."

Ffs. Thankfully neither fitted the description of Mrs Angry ?

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

She'll have been in the west Quay centre and I was there. Trust me she wouldn't stand out from that description. Overhead the following conversation between 2 posh sounding ladies. 

"So Jane,  have you booked any holidays? "

"Well no, I haven't been bothered to yet"

"Well I suppose you haven't, being so early."

"I mean I could have booked something for skiing. But then I wouldn't go as I don't enjoy skiing. "

"Well quite....."

Ffs. Thankfully neither fitted the description of Mrs Angry ?

Phew.  

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

Just a quick thank you to Uttoxram75, followed your suggested route off the A50 and it was absolutely spot on!!

Apprecite your help.

You got luckier than me. Think it was the queues to turn right at the end of the road not too far after heading through the village. Way back it worked a treat.

46 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You got luckier than me. Think it was the queues to turn right at the end of the road not too far after heading through the village. Way back it worked a treat.

Looks like a lot used that route as well as all the locals. Probably still quicker than going the Stafford route.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:58, HantsRam said:

I will be taking the A27 and then the A3057.

but then I am going into Southampton             ?

It's all @uttoxram75's fault and I'm surprised that the main news of the weekend didn't reach my fellow Rams.

The M27 is shut for the weekend for emergency bridge repairs and so the A27 was completely clogged and the A3057, so I was forced onto the B3043 and then a cut across to pick up the A335.

Took me ages - what a disgrace!! ?

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It's all @uttoxram75's fault and I'm surprised that the main news of the weekend didn't reach my fellow Rams.

The M27 is shut for the weekend for emergency bridge repairs and so the A27 was completely clogged and the A3057, so I was forced onto the B3043 and then a cut across to pick up the A335.

Took me ages - what a disgrace!! ?

Serves you right for extracting the urine....?

Archived