Speeding

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

They have a car meet at the Coopers Arms  Weston on Trent first and third Thursday of the month. A guy turns up with an absolute stunner every couple of weeks ,he owns a body shop in Long Eaton and it shows  lovely car.

You never seem to see them on the road now, I thought they'd all gone. Mine was F reg, metallic blue. 

3 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You never seem to see them on the road now, I thought they'd all gone. Mine was F reg, metallic blue. 

It might be wishful thinking or it may be true but he reckons it's worth £20k no idea ,I like fast fords [they were my cars back in the late 60's /70's] but not very well up on prices .

3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There you go a trip down memory lane £13-£16k get it bought .

Wow, that's a nostalgia trip. Pepperpot alloys, and everything!

Makes me sad, actually. I used to love driving, but just find it a chore now. Gerrin' old!

7 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Three 'at faults' in 35 years, all more than 25 years ago. One in a car park, one on my drive, and one at a junction.

I did once get stopped on the M5 for doing 120 though. 

Police - How fast do you think you were going?

Me - About 120.

Police - Do you think that's a safe speed at which to travel?

Me - On this road, in this car, at 4 o'clock in the morning, yes. 

Police - Thank you for your honesty. We'll put it down as 95. Use your mirrors next time and you'll see us coming. 

Bloody hell.

i was keeping it under my hat that i came back from wembley at 115-120mph in my honda s2000.

It didn't feel totally safe tbh.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

That's the thing with the Golf, it felt totally safe. 2.8 V6 in a car that size, it was just ticking over at 100, so smooth it was boring. Huge straight stretches of empty motorway at night, coming back from a holiday in Cornwall. 

I wouldn't dream of doing it now, but it seemed sort of normal at the time. 

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bloody hell.

i was keeping it under my hat that i came back from wembley at 115-120mph in my honda s2000.

I’ve just got back from taking one of mine for his first driving lesson, it didn’t feel safe doing 15-20 mph to be honest.

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Our drummer's got a diesel Leon estate that's 180bhp, or something, similar to the old petrol Golf. 

the better diesels are incredibly clever and so much torque .. but the throttle response is always a millisecond off somehow and they dont make the right noise ?

One day, before the world collapses or hell and a hand cart beckon, I want 12 cylinders normally aspirated with Webber’s or Delortos and an open road.... probably will never happen but dreams are important ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an update. Over two weeks have passed and I haven’t received anything so:

a) I wasn’t speeding

b) It was one of those community cameras that the village busybody has demanded and the police have done it to keep him/her quiet

c) both of the above

Either way drive safe folks it’s not worth the fine.

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Just to give an update. Over two weeks have passed and I haven’t received anything so:

a) I wasn’t speeding

b) It was one of those community cameras that the village busybody has demanded and the police have done it to keep him/her quiet

c) both of the above

Sod that get out there and fly round the estate at 60 and do a few donuts to celebrate ? 

Hmmm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45668735

Beckham gets away with it.

So they know they posted the notice out on time, but not received in Bentley motors until a day late.

Bet i wouldn't get away with that, how do you prove you havent 'put it to one side', not that im suggesting Bentley motors would do such a thing for their very wealthy customer.

Not so daft.

A similar thing happened to me once when i got a parking ticket.

i parked on a hill in snow and checked to ensure that there wasn't a yellow line next to the kerb. I still got a ticket. Although there wasn't a yellow line and therefore it might appear ok to park there, apparently where i had parked would have meant other vehicles having to cross a solid white line in the centre of the road. (Now why stop the yellow lines if that invites another problem?) Not that the white lines were even visible because of snow. So i wasn't best pleased. 

The ticket had to be returned confirming who was driving. I took the maximum time to reply and posted it second class. After a lengthy delay they sent me another letter asking exactly the same question. So i took the maximum time to reply again - pointing out that i'd already sent the same information - and posted it second class again. I think they have 6 months to take it to court, and basically they were running out of time. Next i got a letter telling me that on this occasion they had decided not to pursue the matter.

Hee hee. Ran out of time. 

On 26/09/2018 at 18:35, Gritters said:

a) I wasn’t speeding

c) both of the above

You got away with it, well done gritters m’owd.

Wish I had.

Archived