Speeding

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddie said:

I've had three in nearly 50 years.

In two, I was parked and not even in the vehicle (one was even on my drive when a guy crashed into it).

Three 'at faults' in 35 years, all more than 25 years ago. One in a car park, one on my drive, and one at a junction.

I did once get stopped on the M5 for doing 120 though. 

Police - How fast do you think you were going?

Me - About 120.

Police - Do you think that's a safe speed at which to travel?

Me - On this road, in this car, at 4 o'clock in the morning, yes. 

Police - Thank you for your honesty. We'll put it down as 95. Use your mirrors next time and you'll see us coming. 

41 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Three 'at faults' in 35 years, all more than 25 years ago. One in a car park, one on my drive, and one at a junction.

Me - About 120.

Police - Thank you for your honesty. We'll put it down as 95. Use your mirrors next time and you'll see us coming. 

Really?

Was this a long time ago?

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Me - About 120.

I dont believe you. No way you would get 120 out of a camper van :)

3 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Why do people on 2 wheels have the right to do whatever they want?

Almost everybody i have ever seen on a motorbike has been doing well over whatever the speed limit is and i never seem to see one pulled over.

I agree. I does take a lot of effort though for me to get my car on two wheels.

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

They should fine people for not making progress on national speed limit roads .Most people bumble along at 40-45 mph and when you over take them start flashing their lights and waving their arms about . dheads 

Its in the highway code that you should make good progress. Its also in there that if you are holding traffic up you should pull over when safe and let it past. 

So in theory if they wanted they could probably do someone not doing so for driving without due care and attention. 

Bet they dont though.

30 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It was crap, actually. We really wanted a Corrado. Replaced it with a Saab 900 eventually. 

What ! .. I once test drove a used Corrado G60 G ladder thingummy with a supercharger .. oh it was such a mean machine but my sensible head kicked in and I bought a nice 4 door Alfa 75 that wasn’t as quick, had lousy brakes but you could wag its tail and the twin cam was sweet. .. ahhh .. those were the days before sensible reliable economical stinky diesels 

11 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

No politics please 

Forgot. 

Sorry @Lambchop forgot about the non politics rule.

Bit of a passion wagon that golf 

Oh crap done it again.

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

My fave car was actually an old XR2, the square shaped, non-injection ones. It was like a go cart. 

They have a car meet at the Coopers Arms  Weston on Trent first and third Thursday of the month. A guy turns up with an absolute stunner every couple of weeks ,he owns a body shop in Long Eaton and it shows  lovely car.

Archived