Prague

dog

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be brave and fit. Don’t catch the tram up Petrin hill, but the walk worth it for great views and it will knacker you ( plus heard some con artists trying to bully tourists/extort money on ticket scam)

Then better still, don’t catch tram down, just zig zag to left down back of houses to the castle that never seems far away, it’ll fully knacker you, you’ll lose sense of direction and a day, maybe the odd blister but paying for the drinks in the more expensive bars back the other side of Charles bridge will seem worth it! ?

15 hours ago, dog said:

Four days there coming up with the kids (both non drinker teens). Doing a bike tour on day one. Any other suggestions?

Went over bank holiday weekend. We stayed in a hostel which was very party-centric and went out every night, so I may not be the best person to ask. Think it’s all catching up to me now though, got severe tonsillitis.

I stayed in the Boscolo which was a 5 minute walk from Winceslas Square. Jewish quarter was very expensive whereas the rest of Prague was good value for money. The food is absolutely immense and cheap as chips. My ex and I had a three course meal, two bottles of Prosecco, I had three pints and she had three cocktails and it all came to £30. I couldn't get enough of Charles Bridge, walked along it pretty much every day.

One of my favourite cities.

Charles bridge, castle you can't go wrong. Get your teenagers up the turret in the castle, that will tire them out.

There is a great under city tour, just ask at the tourist information office. Very dark and spooky. 

Evening tour of the city by foot is quite good as well if you are into history. 

If you are cultured, pick up some tickets to one of the many classical concerts dotted around, I have been to 3 and they have been terrific.

Hey mate,

I live here in Prague, it's a great city. Feel free to pm me your number and drop a message if you need anything.

I would recommend Vysherad - Nice Castle and a little less touristy, but a beautiful place with a nice church overlooking the vltava(main river)

If your adventurous, there is a beautiful park in Pruhonice - about 20minutes by bus outside the center. Easy to get to and a great place for a picnic

https://www.google.com/search?q=pruhonice+park&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Football?(As we all love football here)

Check out Sparta Prague - probably the best stadium we have here and it's always good to see a game. Tickets are around 6 pound - 12 pounds for a normal Czech league game. you can buy tickets online. https://sparta.cz/en/

Don't forget to visit the old town - walking distance from charles bridge/a place called namesti republicky.

Train tickets - about a 40minute ride to another beautiful castle and a good day out. Karlstejn. Direct train from Prague main railway - about 6-7 pound each return.

https://www.google.com/search?q=karlstejn&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Edit: The others can tell you about the more touristy things :)

Archived