U23s v Chelsea

Day

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Martin and Anya again, Thorne back but Butterfield absent once more. And we are left to guess about the future of such players because the press won’t ask about them.

With the club wanting to reduce the numbers in the squad and you have these players training and playing with the U23s, I think it’s fair to assume they are free to leave the club.

Didn’t Wassall or Short say as much after one of the games? Praising their attitude when it must be difficult etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Thorne, Guy and Elsnick is a pretty strong midfield at this level. Nice balance to it too...

3 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Maybe better than Mount, Ledley and Bryson?

That's what all three should be striving to prove.

3 minutes ago, David said:

With the club wanting to reduce the numbers in the squad and you have these players training and playing with the U23s, I think it’s fair to assume they are free to leave the club.

Didn’t Wassall or Short say as much after one of the games? Praising their attitude when it must be difficult etc. etc.

Why? Why not getting them fit to play if needed? What about Jerome and Butterfield?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? Why not getting them fit to play if needed? What about Jerome and Butterfield?

They will be training still, we have a large squad, very large. I would guess Lampard wants to focus on the players that are in his plans. 

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Quite....both Thorne and Martin are known to be returning from illness/injury

Perhaps their injury problems are not important to Lampard. At his most recent press conference he gave us updates on Davis, Huddlestone, Evans, Malone and Wilson. I think there really are enough clues out their Kash if you take off the blinkers.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why aren't Jerome and Butterfield playing tho?

I'd of thought that the under 23's is the perfect showcase for them if we are moving them on?

Because it’s the Premier League 2 for Under 23 players, you can only field 3 overage players per game.

Archived