Can we have some agreement?

Chester40

49 minutes ago, Duracell said:

This isn’t even the most divided it’s been in the past 12 months! Where were you in Rowett’s bad run of form and we couldn’t decide whether to sack him or not?

So yeah, turns out we can’t even agree on the extent to which we all disagree. 

Agree.

Last year from this point until near the end the forum was massively divided...seemingly 50/50.

It was only when rowett decided to move on that everyone came together.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's keyboard warriors pretending to be football fans, mate.

If you want to read real rubbish, go onto Chelsea's "The Shed" chat page.

For what it's worth, I thought you were not hungry enough against Leeds and were unlucky against Milwall.

But then again, I'm sure one of the Warriors will slag me off for talking nonsense.

In case they do, I think Tomori is great and Mount is better.

3 minutes ago, BrentW said:

For what it's worth, I thought you were not hungry enough against Leeds and were unlucky against Milwall.

But then again, I'm sure one of the Warriors will slag me off for talking nonsense.

All you do is talk nonsense mate, can't believe you'd come on here and spew that rubbish.

Am I doing this right? 

12 minutes ago, BrentW said:

I'd agree we were not hungry against Leeds.

In no way shape or form were we unlucky against Millwall. We were awful for 70 minutes and got exactly what we deserved from the game.

Agree on Mount. Disagree on Tomori so far, think defensively he has been a massive liability so far, early days though and there seems to be completely no understanding between him and Keogh so far.

opinions will always be divided but we all have one thing in common and thats the desire to see our team be successful, if all we do is constantly bash our players then thats not going to help anyone. 

Up the Rams!

Our current form isn't hard to understand...

We are changing our style yet again,this time to the free flowing 433 that many of us want to see,from a rowett/Pearson style that couldn't be more different.

If lampard had taken on the side from wassell or McLaren then it would have been much more seemless.

It's just going to take time.

Got a foot in both camps to some extent 

The idea that your team concedes another goal so you get up and leave is nothing other than a losers’ reaction to adversity 

On the other hand, it also seems fair enough to ask questions :

why do we often start games so slowly ( and seem to have done for a long time now ) ?  What is so difficult about starting with momentum and purpose ? Isn’t that actually the natural way to start ? 

why is it so difficult for paid footballers to pass the ball to a teammate ? Isn’t this a basic requirement ?

and why is football so incredibly complicated ? Is it really or do people seem to make it so ? Isn’t it just a simple sport designed for simple people to play ?

There is a sense of deja vu watching Derby County nowadays. As a result to be honest I can understand fans frustrations . 

To have no patience is nonsense of course .  But I would dearly like to know the answers to those questions ....

13 hours ago, Chester40 said:

This forum is just getting out of hand. I don't know what to believe anymore....

Obviously I jest. But in all seriousness it is definitely the most divided on style, on players and performances I can recall.

There will always be detractors and trigger happy fans; but there is usually some consensus and a general mood.

At the moment having missed the last two games.... I am not sure if we started a bit slowly, played some nice stuff and should feel positive. Or we were truly terrible?

Whether we are playing nice football and need to stick with it or are ridiculously naive and going to get caught out til we change?

Whether the formation is fine, just needs players tweaking or if we need to throw it all out and got 3-5-2?

Player-wise....I just don't know where to start. Tomori is either an amazing, athlete and a real prospect or dog dirt.

If Wisdom is either a lump of ponderous muscle or needs moving to a back 3.

Keogh tbf always divides opinion.

Forsyth seemed to be permanently dumped to the pleasure of most yet now is back in the frame for Tues having replaced someone we just bought having had half a match.

Bryson is absolutely past it...or central to the system and needs moving forward.

Ledley started the season as a crucial player...now appears totally done.

Huddlestone who a good proportion of the fans were happy to sell, now has become a demi- God in his absence. Nugent likewise was being waved off, now looking like most likely to score.

I could go on.....

So, is there any agreement? And is there lots of reason for positivity?  

Are we going to click tonight and play lovely flowing football. Or get thrashed and looked amateurish and a new group of players get hammered tomorrow??

Since Clough was sacked in 2013, our chairman has presided over the arrivals and departures of McClaren (twice), Clement, Pearson, & Rowett. These managers all wanting to change things around somewhat. There were also interim stints for Wassell and Chris Powell. We now have Frank Lampard and another turnover of playing staff. This perhaps goes someway toward explaining the wide ranging opinions on the forum.  

16 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Scrolling through twitter and saw this, thought it was a good watch, and realates to Derby in a number of ways. Lampard needs time if we are to build from the back. 

Can't abide Neville but he actually makes a good argument as do you when you say it's relatable given our current circumstances. ?

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Scrolling through twitter and saw this, thought it was a good watch, and realates to Derby in a number of ways. Lampard needs time if we are to build from the back. 

I like Neville always think he speaks a lot of sense, its interesting  you seeing a similarity with what FL is trying to do.

I know we are not Man City and don't have a Pep but his first season was very up and down but he never changed his philosophy on how he wants his team to play and now seem to be on a different level....

Frank will no doubt be finding out a lot about the players and about how he wants to manage at the moment and do think next season will be our season but still think we'll go close this season, optimistic maybe but think he'll get it right.

Archived