More than one system

whiteroseram

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we will see different movements of players within 433. A change of width, somebody slotting in here or there in certain situations.

I hope there will be no entire system switch every week. You bring in players to suit a system and you make the system work for them. If you start asking Mount and Bryson to play in a 2 because you lost to Brentford last week then you're panicking. 

He's found a system that the players look happy in. Recruit to fit and over the season we will learn it's strengths and weakness and try to figure out slight adjustments to combat the latter while not disrupting the players jobs. 

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

I’m sure people will correct me if/ where I’m wrong but I seem to remember early on FL saying he wanted more than one system but not noticed him trying anything different?

not a criticism, just seemed odd to say it then not try it out.

Doesn’t necessarily mean different formations, 4-3-3 can be played in 3 or 4 different ways. I’d have thought if we are struggling at some point this season we’ll see 4-2-3-1 and maybe a 5 at the back played. Professional footballers should be able to do this. 

Also is the silver lining of not selling Vydra, 4-2-3-1 with him in the middle is a back up.

Ive said it in another thread, but I like Johnson as the championships fellaini as a team plan b. If we struggle to get the job done pretty in a game, stick Johnson on, and stick a shitload of crosses into the box. And that was tried in one of the friendlies. 

Archived