Photos

loweman2

1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

How do you insert the photo? Keeps saying only allowed to upload 2.93mb!

You need to compress it down. I used to use a tool called compress now, it's all online so you don't need to install anything. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

You can’t see it now - as it’s faded - but this is signed by Peter Shilton, after I scored against him at the BBG. Oldham - first game of the season (I was Mascot - not playing for Oldham). We lost 2-0 - but went up that season. Anyone remember the year?

How do you insert the photo? Keeps saying only allowed to upload 2.93mb!

16 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

That's 85/86 isn't it? 

Shilton didn’t sign until 87

29 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Shilton didn’t sign until 87

Yeah, even Sir Arthur would not have been able to get the England keeper to drop down to the 3rd Division ?

Also the post doesn't add up as Derby were never promoted with Shilts, plus he never warmed up on the pitch pre-game as he preferred to stop in teh dressing room and concentrate on his handling. Only time we ever saw our players shooting at a keeper was the one time that a mascot went in goal.

30 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

How did you manage to get such an amazing collection.

Genuinely inspiring work @loweman2

i have got quite a few posts on here about one thing or another, its a great collection of Derby shirts, derby signed photos, signed trading cards and memorobillia like unused 1946 cup final tickets, the ball used in the league cup replay v Chelsea in 1968, then night that the clough and taylor story started in earnest, Alan Durbans official club blazer from 1971/72, Ron Websters shirt from 1971/72, the flag off the B stand at the BBG, its just something that I have put together over the past thirty years or so and its grown and grown, thanks for asking !

Honestly @loweman2 you are a bloody legend. How we've not got a DCFC museum with everything you have collected is ridiculous. I reckon you've educated more than any Derby school with your collection.

I was infinitely lucky that my dad did alright refereeing as a young man. I have a Dynamo Moscow pendant flag from circa 1975 where ny dad was the linesman, but my proudest moment was my dad being the fourth official (before they were professionally appointed) the day we played Fulham 1983 and the infamous pitch invasion. I can watch YouTube and watch my dad that day.I sincerely hope DCFC do more to recognise our history and the AMAZING collection you've put together. 

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

Yeah, even Sir Arthur would not have been able to get the England keeper to drop down to the 3rd Division ?

Also the post doesn't add up as Derby were never promoted with Shilts, plus he never warmed up on the pitch pre-game as he preferred to stop in teh dressing room and concentrate on his handling. Only time we ever saw our players shooting at a keeper was the one time that a mascot went in goal.

It was the second division at the time - promotion was earnt to division one. I am certain it was Shilton - but suppose it could have been Wallington? Old age is a terrible thing - gonna have to google it now!

4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Bruce Rioch leaves a massive hole in everything I have collected !

never replies to polite letters, never appears at derby for book signings or ex player get togethers.

i will cross paths with him at some point !

Couldn’t any of the players you’re closer to get him to sign stuff for you?

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Couldn’t any of the players you’re closer to get him to sign stuff for you?

He doesn’t have anything to do with them, even toddy and they worked together in management aswell ! I might try through Alan Durban as the head of the ex players.

2 hours ago, Igorwasking said:

Oh my god - it was Wallington! How embarrassing! I’ve been telling that Shilton story for years!

C5755C55-91D1-463E-9A73-A86D4F666CB7.jpeg

I still remember my days at Right Back for the Rams with great fondness.

Archived